• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Kind of half tuned in to it as I'm at work. He sounded pretty knowledgeable.

I really wish that David Keene was more the voice of the NRA than Wayne LaPierre. There's a time and a place for fiery rhetoric and a time and place for calm, rational discussion. I feel like we could do with more of the latter and Mr. Keene excels at it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I really wish that David Keene was more the voice of the NRA than Wayne LaPierre. There's a time and a place for fiery rhetoric and a time and place for calm, rational discussion. I feel like we could do with more of the latter and Mr. Keene excels at it.

Mr. LaPierre is the lighting rod. I do agree with you however, but given the NRA ' s need to work its base this is what you will get.

Remember the press will make any NRA spokeperson look like a madman so if he ,Keene, was the voice they would savage him as well.

This way they do it to LaPierre. bad cop good cop :)

Feb 28, 2013
    I wish Pat could have this time slot instead of Tom Marr. I agree with Tom on most, but can't stand his demeanor. I miss Ron Smith.

I like Tom for the most part but I do think he is a little on the quick to judge side. Rush doesn't even do that. Instead he likes to pick your brain and try to analyze your thought process and critique that, as opposed to criticizing you personally for even suggesting something.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.

+1

Keene needs to have more face time with the media and folks at large. He stands more of a chance of winning folks over than LaPierre.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It's time to thank Wayne LaPierre for his stewardship and ask that he let a "new media" person makes the NRA case before cameras. Wayne stutters, sweats, grimaces, gets perturbed, and can kind of sound constipated-- and that won't cut it in the modern age. I think the ideal spokesperson of the future is Ms. Shannon Alford, our NRA Maryland liaison. It would be ideal for the NRA nationally to have this sharp, smart, savvy woman making the our case on the cable shows and Sunday mornings shows.

It would knock down the gun-loving old-boy yahoo image with soccer moms....

Jqcj5

Jan 12, 2013
    Pat was saying that we will need to get finger printed and register all regulated firearms purchased before Oct.1st. is that true or not? Ive read that it is false. Im not sure that anyone knows what's required

Jqcj5

Jan 12, 2013
    By the way Tom's the man!

He's getting a little short tempered in his "old age". Who can blame him? What a great state this used to be back in the day. I hope he's aground for many more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom