Password Reset on MSP Licensing Portal Not Working—-time frame for fix is unknown according to MSP

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Having the same issues, My original pwd doesn't seem to work (2 years old) and no e-mail reset sent using all browsers. I tried to create a new account but it wont let me due to an account already tied to DL #.
    MSI posted 2 hours ago the portal crashed due to all the traffic so I can only imagine it has something to do with this. Honestly the state does a lousy job with websites anyway, DNR, MSP, EZ Pass etc. Don't think it's a conspiracy just typical incompetent government run programs. OTOH I'm so glad the .gov is keeping us safe from nut jobs buying guns....we got that going for us

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I had a problem resetting my own password this morning to facilitate a purchase. It kind of threw me when it first happened. After around 3 tries, it worked. Once my password was reset, there was no problem logging in. There has also been no problem logging in using the store credentials which didn't require a password reset.

Amontgo9419

Feb 20, 2021
    I’m trying to login to fill out a “77r”. The site is prompting me to do a 2 step verification. Site says it sent me an email with a code and never received an email after multiple attempts. Anyone else having this issue?

jballo

Mar 21, 2013
    Ellicott City, MD
    Well I heard Friday afternoon from the licensing folks at MSP: they want both fingerprints and training documents dated within the past year. My training and fingerprints were done in Sept 2020. SO this presents a problem. They helpfully? noted that any 'Required for Submission' document shortages have to be resolved in 72 hours. Rather a short fuse, especially for the training. Does anyone know of a specific section of laws/regulations that specify how long the original training/fingerprints are valid??

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    It sure of a law (haven’t looked), but MSP’s website says you need training within the last 2 years

See #6: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

EDIT: After poking around on MSP’s website, I came across their permit processing policies (https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Licensing Division Documents/S.O.P. 29-19-004 - Processing of Handgun Permit Applications.pdf). According to their policies, they should be “accepting” applications within 3 days of submission. I’m going on a week of “submitted” status.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Well I heard Friday afternoon from the licensing folks at MSP: they want both fingerprints and training documents dated within the past year. My training and fingerprints were done in Sept 2020. SO this presents a problem. They helpfully? noted that any 'Required for Submission' document shortages have to be resolved in 72 hours. Rather a short fuse, especially for the training. Does anyone know of a specific section of laws/regulations that specify how long the original training/fingerprints are valid??
    Training is good for two years, livescan fingerprints are good for 30 days

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Having the same issues, My original pwd doesn't seem to work (2 years old) and no e-mail reset sent using all browsers. I tried to create a new account but it wont let me due to an account already tied to DL #.
    I had the same type of issue with my DL#. I emailed several email addresses and I ended up having to go to Pikesville MSPLD.

I walked in without an appointment and they handled it with the utmost respect and professionalism in about 5 minutes. If you are in that situation, I encourage you to make the trip. If you want to get something started in the portal, its worth it.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I had the same type of issue with my DL#. I emailed several email addresses and I ended up having to go to Pikesville MSPLD.

I walked in without an appointment and they handled it with the utmost respect and professionalism in about 5 minutes. If you are in that situation, I encourage you to make the trip. If you want to get something started in the portal, its worth it.
    Thanks, glad they straightened it out for you.

jballo

Mar 21, 2013
    Ellicott City, MD
    Just looked it up in COMAR : Title 29.03.02.04 B(2) 'Proof of training...within the previous 2 years...'

Got new fingerprints done: they have now accepted my application. Will wait for approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom