Password Reset on MSP Licensing Portal Not Working—-time frame for fix is unknown according to MSP

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    So I attempted to log in to my MSP Portal account and needed to reset my email. I kept getting an error message when I clicked the button to reset the password. So I asked MSP about it. This is the response that I got. Smells like someone over at MSP is effing around with the website to slow down submission of applications.
    4B203A1A-0AE1-473C-A770-377AF1D0871F.jpeg

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Try windows and edge browser. Md websites have a long history of failure on other browsers.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    When I try to log in, I get "Your application has timed out. You will need to log in again.". Edge and Chrome.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Same on all browsers. The web site front end ain't talkin to the back end.

Give 'em some time.

MSP is not the boggieman here. They're going to do this. Just not as fast as everyone wants.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Just got in. Got the two-factor then it said my password expired, which I changed successfully.

So I don't know if it's overloaded or they just fixed it.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Same on all browsers. The web site front end ain't talkin to the back end.

Give 'em some time.

MSP is not the boggieman here. They're going to do this. Just not as fast as everyone wants.
    With all due respect, MSP should have been ready for the tsunami. They had a week and a half to get their stuff in order. I’m sorry you might say they aren’t the boogie man but given what is going on right now, it’s very hard to believe that.

Jazz

Nov 14, 2020
    So I attempted to log in to my MSP Portal account and needed to reset my email. I kept getting an error message when I clicked the button to reset the password. So I asked MSP about it. This is the response that I got. Smells like someone over at MSP is effing around with the website to slow down submission of applications. View attachment 371751
    The issue is fixed! Go now!

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Honestly...it doesn't make sense for them to mess with the site just to mess with applicants.

No doubt the system has never been stress tested like this. I'm sure it has plenty of capacity for normal submissions. Boosting capacity is not super simple and requires some sharp administrators. If they are using their own hardware as opposed to scalable cloud it can be worse. And to do it without any down time is damn near impossible.

I'm not saying it is right, just that these things aren't as simple as you would think. Major websites have gone down. Google. Amazon. It happens. I'm guessing they don't have large teams of developers and admins and they are doing their best.

You can still be mad, though. They deserve it.

jballo

Mar 21, 2013
    Ellicott City, MD
    I saw the same message but got a good response a few minutes later:think they are very busy.
    I also resubmitted my wear & carry application (I was previously denied in early 2021; my training was less than 2 years ago) stating that IAW the SCOTUS decision (and Gov Hogan's statement) my reason for applying was self-defense. We'll see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom