• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    Just picked up, easy process, very friendly people.
    Also brought 2 Florida cards and they did the fingerprints there. 8 dollars money order

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Man, that was easy. Applied online to Adams County, approved quickly, made an appt 3 weeks out. In and out of the Sheriff's office in Gettysburg in less than 10 minutes--no one else there but me. Spent more time talking to the two deputies screening visitors at the entrance...parking meters are a quarter for 20 minutes by the way...

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Man, that was easy. Applied online to Adams County, approved quickly, made an appt 3 weeks out. In and out of the Sheriff's office in Gettysburg in less than 10 minutes--no one else there but me. Spent more time talking to the two deputies screening visitors at the entrance...parking meters are a quarter for 20 minutes by the way...

That reminds me, I have to apply (online) for my renewal next week. I dread the journey to Gettysburg with all of the speed cameras, red light cameras, license plate readers, bike lanes, bus lanes, reversible lanes and that aggressive parking enforcement. It sure is a lot different than DC.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Got my PA approval today. Just need to make an appointment. Everything is booked into next week

MrNIceGuy1989

Nov 14, 2022
    Ellicott City
    Just applied online for mine for York county, pretty easy application and send photos for your MD license and HGP and pay the $25 fee. I heard takes about a month for you to hear back and you have to go and physically pick up the permit at where you applied.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I applied in York county on Sunday. Got the nod today. Scheduling the pick up is the hard part.

Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    Hey I was thinking of getting Pennsylvania also. If I do dose it make a difference if I do Adams or York county? Those are probably the closest for me. I live in DC.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    It’s only $25 and usually takes less than a week. The pick up schedule is filling up fast. You’ll need to do it on week days during business hours.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    That reminds me, I have to apply (online) for my renewal next week. I dread the journey to Gettysburg with all of the speed cameras, red light cameras, license plate readers, bike lanes, bus lanes, reversible lanes and that aggressive parking enforcement. It sure is a lot different than DC.
    Glad I don’t take the route you take. :D

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I went to York Courthouse today.

Got street parking because the market was closed. Put $3 in the meter in quarters.

Walked in the courthouse without my phone. Threw my wallet, keys, spare quarters, and belt in the bin. Walked through the medal detector.

Went to the sheriff's office to the right. Two ladies just got their permits.

Officer asked if I had an appointment. I said yes and asked if one was necessary. She said not really. She then asked for my license. Didn't need my permit. Said to stand on the X. Took my picture. I signed an electronic pad. She printed out my permit in ten seconds and handed it right to me.

Handed me a paper that basically states to submit your renewed MD permit or your PA becomes revoked because PA is five years and MD is two or three depending on renewal or new permit.

I asked her what happens if it lapses, if I have to mail it to her and she said yes. Don't let it lapse.

Then I went across the street on Philadelphia and at at JR's in the market for the rest of my meter time.

Easiest permit I ever got. Probably took about ten minutes total once I got to the courthouse.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Wish I had tried going up there yesterday without an appointment. I was off work and it would have made things easier.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    I applied in York county on Sunday. Got the nod today. Scheduling the pick up is the hard part.
    The satellite office is more convenient but due to their limited hours it will likely take longer to get an appointment. The courthouse has scheduling available sooner. They also are more accommodating because they have later and longer hours. Kind of a pain to park, but in and out quickly. Just my experience anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom