• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    Anyone know if there is an office I get the PA carry permit in either Somerset or Fayette Counties near the MD line?

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Anyone know if there is an office I get the PA carry permit in either Somerset or Fayette Counties near the MD line?
    Info re Somerset was scarce

Fayette listed this:

APPLICATIONS FOR CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS ARE ACCEPTED DAILY FROM 8:00AM TO 3:30 PM. IN THE SHERIFF OFFICE ANNEX

The funny thing is that I saw an article about the annex being sold:

The county no longer needed the property when the new Fayette County Sheriff’s Office law enforcement complex moved to 1500 Robinson Road S.E. in Washington C.H.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Anyone going to York remember to leave your cellphone in the car. It might save you a couple of blocks walk if you did not get close parking to the courthouse complex.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I did Somerset county, only 22 miles to the courthouse for me.
    Print off the application from here, http://www.co.somerset.pa.us/department.asp?deptnum=61 fill it out and snail mail it along with front and back of permit, drivers license and a check for $20 to the sheriffs office at the address from the website. Give them a few days and give them a call to see if its ready, I was never contacted so I called.

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    I went to bedford county. Easy process. Approved in 15 minutes by email. No appointment needed to pick up permit.

Wtlhntr

Jul 27, 2022
    Md
    Roro can you elaborate a little more please? I plan on heading to Bedford in the next week or two. Thank you

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    Roro can you elaborate a little more please? I plan on heading to Bedford in the next week or two. Thank you
    Call the number and the lady that does the permits will give you her email address to send the app to. You can search the PA permit app on line. Or I'm sure she can e-mail it to you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129-222240_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20221129-222240_Gallery.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 54

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    Call the number and the lady that does the permits will give you her email address to send the app to. You can search the PA permit app on line. Or I'm sure she can e-mail it to you.
    See if this opens for you. Its the PA application. Works for any county. You just put which county on the top.

Attachments

• FIllable REVISED APPLICATION PDF.pdf
      256.9 KB · Views: 94

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Anyone going to York remember to leave your cellphone in the car. It might save you a couple of blocks walk if you did not get close parking to the courthouse complex.
    Cellphone ban does not apply at the satellite office. It also has other attributes making it a desirable location. Also plenty of free parking right in front.

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    Info re Somerset was scarce

Fayette listed this:

APPLICATIONS FOR CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS ARE ACCEPTED DAILY FROM 8:00AM TO 3:30 PM. IN THE SHERIFF OFFICE ANNEX

The funny thing is that I saw an article about the annex being sold:

The county no longer needed the property when the new Fayette County Sheriff’s Office law enforcement complex moved to 1500 Robinson Road S.E. in Washington C.H.
    Thanks for that info. So basically, I should be able to drive up to the Fayette County Sheriffs office and get the permit?

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    I did Somerset county, only 22 miles to the courthouse for me.
    Print off the application from here, http://www.co.somerset.pa.us/department.asp?deptnum=61 fill it out and snail mail it along with front and back of permit, drivers license and a check for $20 to the sheriffs office at the address from the website. Give them a few days and give them a call to see if its ready, I was never contacted so I called.

Great Thanks!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I applied Thursday (12/1) and was approved less than 24 hours later on Friday (12/2). I logged in today to make an appointment to get my picture taken and pick up the permit. The first appointment date available is January 3rd, 2023! They must be slammed with these permit requests. I went with the Adams County Sheriff's office.

DelawareGold

Jul 25, 2022
    New Castle, Delaware
    The York Satellite Office. Free parking, Super friendly and helpful.
    It is 10 minutes in and out, including a bathroom break.
    I used to go to Lancaster, but they no longer do out
    of state, but since I've been to the York Satellite Office,
    I wouldn't go anywhere else. Easy-Peasy.
    Everything but the Photo is done online.
    IMO, it's worth the extra drive.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Quick question-
    I filled out app I found online, submitted, and was approved in two days.
    At bottom of acceptance email, It says to bring PA DL or PA govt ID with address on it.

Did I fill out the resident app by mistake? I clearly filled out application with Maryland residence as my address.
    I just want to clarify before I make a wasted four hour round trip.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom