• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 3, 2021
    I couldn't find the answer when I searched.

Do any of the sheriff offices issue non-resident permits on a walk in basis?

Thanks
    i mailed mine to franklin country sheriff in chambersburg pa last week after speaking too them. you must have MD HGP/MDDL and check for $5 and mail copy with app. $20 total is not bad. someone said york co does outa state as well. most county's say pa residents only.
    They said after you clear you must show up in person for it.

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    Question 11 on the York County form says"
    "If you are a resident of another state, do you possess a current license, permit, or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state? If yes, attach a photocopy of the document to this application if you haven’t already done so via the order tracker (instructions in submission email)."

I answered yes to this question and a box appeared below saying "If you answer Yes to this question, it may disqualify you from a License to Carry Permit."

Something must be entered in the box to continue. I uploaded the images of my permit on the first page. What goes in this box? Am I missing something?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Just applied for mine through York County. A quick google search will get you there.

$25 and must submit front and back copies of your ID or DL and your MD CCW permit and you are good to go. They require in person pickup, but I am told it only takes a few days.

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    I just got a call from York that my images didn't upload. I went back in on the order tracker and uploaded them again. I called and confirmed that they had them. They were quick to respond.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I just got back from Gettysburg to pick up my CCW permit this morning .( Adams county sheriffs office)

Once your online application is approved. An email is sent and you have to make an appointment to pick up the card in person. Bring your MD wear and carry permit , drivers lic. And any other documents that you have submitted online.

Once you get to the courthouse, there is limited parking. I parked on the street and paid for meter parking using quarters. ( you can also pay online)

Go though the security / checkpoint. Take the elevator to the basement. Go left to the end of the hallway. The sheriffs office has relocated to this site.

The clerk will ask for your name and ID.( documents) and will take your picture ala dmv. You must sign an electronic pad to capture your signature. After that, the card is printed and laminated on the spot. It’s good for 5 years .

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I just got back from Gettysburg to pick up my CCW permit this morning .( Adams county sheriffs office)

Once your online application is approved. An email is sent and you have to make an appointment to pick up the card in person. Bring your MD wear and carry permit , drivers lic. And any other documents that you have submitted online.

Once you get to the courthouse, there is limited parking. I parked on the street and paid for meter parking using quarters. ( you can also pay online)

Go though the security / checkpoint. Take the elevator to the basement. Go left to the end of the hallway. The sheriffs office has relocated to this site.

The clerk will ask for your name and ID.( documents) and will take your picture ala dmv. You must sign an electronic pad to capture your signature. After that, the card is printed and laminated on the spot. It’s good for 5 years .
    Thanks ill be there next week

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Picked up my PA LTC today in Somerset (Western PA). They don’t have any information online that I could find other than the application form in a fillable PDF. Stopped by last Monday afternoon but they close at 4:00 and I got there about 4:30. Went back Tuesday to drop it off and didn’t even have to go to the office. The Sheriff at the entrance asked what I was there for and took my application and money, $19+$1 processing fee. Called Friday to check on it and was told probably Tuesday. I was in town today and stopped by to check and was processed and out the door in about 10 minutes. Parking right outside the Courthouse or in a lot behind it. Forgot to leave my cell phone and knife in the truck but when I got to the metal detector just dumped everything in the bin. He gave me back everything but the knife which he laid on the desk and gave it back when I left. You can mail in the application and go from there, you don’t have to drop it off in person.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    Picked mine up from York County last Wednesday. Everything done online as far as the app. I had to upload front and back of DL as well as MD W/C Permit. I submitted Friday afternoon and got email Monday that everything was good to go. They make the pick up process very easy as well. When I was there the Sherriff did say that they are swamped with apps.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Just picked up mine in York county. 8am appointment. I saw 2 guys come in a few mins after me. Any MDSers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom