• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Since I'm going through Gettysburg, I'm going to need someone to post a pic of Deputy Hotness. Who's going to step up to the challenge?
    I gave her a try when I picked up my permit; told her she was a legend in Maryland.

She knew all about it, had been reading the posts at MDS. I told her I wasn't like those guys, but I'd always treasure a selfie of her handing me my PA permit. She told me her husband wouldn't approve.

All this attention can't be good for her ego. But the next guys can try bringing flowers, or a box of chocolates.

I gave her a try when I picked up my permit; told her she was a legend in Maryland.

She knew all about it, had been reading the posts at MDS. I told her I wasn't like those guys, but I'd always treasure a selfie of her handing me my PA permit. She told me her husband wouldn't approve.

All this attention can't be good for her ego. But the next guys can try bringing flowers, or a box of chocolates.
    How about a "High Five Her Husband" meet and greet? She doesn't even need to attend. (I hope this guy/husband understands his presence in Shambala)

ETA- For those who haven't met her, she carries herself like a confident girl next door. Hopefully her reading the threads doesn't take that humbleness away because it is a MAJOR plus IMO.

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    How about a "High Five Her Husband" meet and greet? She doesn't even need to attend. (I hope this guy/husband understands his presence in Shambala)

ETA- For those who haven't met her, she carries herself like a confident girl next door. Hopefully her reading the threads doesn't take that humbleness away because it is a MAJOR plus IMO.
    I can see it now.... Hi Honey, a bunch of people from the internet, who I gave gun permits to, wants to meet you. Oh, and they all call me Deputy Hotness.
    Can you say fart in church.

BTW, I seriously do have the utmost respect for her and her service to the county. I believe most of the folks here would agree.

Last edited:

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Picked up my PA permit yesterday in Gettysburg. Parked out front, there was 16 minutes left on the meter. Got back to my car there was still 4 minutes left. AND I stopped to hit the head before the ride home. Easiest process ever.

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    I applied in Adams county yesterday. Approved today. Wow what a nice surprise. I suppose I can make a nice appointment for during Christmas week and take the fam for a field trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I applied Monday evening they called me this morning before 7AM.

She applied Wednesday so I will schedule pickup after her approval so we can ride up once.

eric_2902

Retired Army
    Jan 13, 2010
    Conowingo
    A couple of things,

How backed up is PA going to get with thousands of people getting wear and carry permits and maryland and taking the drive up to get the Pa one.

Two they are completely online now in Adams county ( gettysburg ), you even pay online now.

Two I just tempted fate and did my PA app online and uploaded the approval from MDSP. I dont have my card yet, but I figured ( hopefully ) they see the approval letter as proof I have the wear and carry. Worse case when you go online to track the app there is a place to upload more info. I figure with how MD is going I should have my card in a few days, probably saturday or monday. Being friday later in the day, they probably wont even look at the app for a day or 2. This gives the post office a chance to get it here.

If they kick it out for not attaching a pic of the W&C I will just upload it as soon as I get it and play dumb ( I might be). It does say on the app if your out of state to attached a photo copy per the email reply. So I can play dumb, and if it comes tomorrow I will just upload it tomorrow.

Lets see what happens
    Did mine online with York county. Whole process was simple. Picked up card 2 weeks after submitting

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I received my approval email/text today and scheduled the appointment for a couple weeks from now.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Reminder; The sheriff’s office is in the basement of the courthouse. Ernie’s Texas Lunch is a good, cheap place to stop in for a quick burger or wiener.

Gettysburg Trading Post is a nice shop East on rt 30. They had hard to find calibers like .44 .45 colt .32 and .25.

I got a BX25 for my 10/22

3FEF1478-A4D0-47CC-9B40-18F86409AEB6.jpeg
    F4E0D682-3318-4537-9D45-36842353F38B.jpeg

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Reminder; The sheriff’s office is in the basement of the courthouse. Ernie’s Texas Lunch is a good, cheap place to stop in for a quick burger or wiener.

Gettysburg Trading Post is a nice shop East on rt 30. They had hard to find calibers like .44 .45 colt .32 and .25.

I got a BX25 for my 10/22

View attachment 395332 View attachment 395333
    Redding's Hardware, located a couple blocks southwest of the Courthouse, is also a cool gun shop. The front ~1|4 of the building is Hardware.....the rest is guns, ammo, and accessories.

La Bella Italia, located on the corner of Rt. 30 and Fourth Street, about 6 blocks east of the square, is a another good place for a bite to eat.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom