• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    I Applied on line the day I got my MD permit. I was approved in 4 or 5 days. Made my appointment on line and picked up my PA permit today. Went to the York satellite office. In and out in 5 minutes, they were very nice and easy going. The officer said she did 16 permits for MD guys today.

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    I follow rules, the email said I needed to make an appointment. :D
    I was called by the York sheriffs dept. since I submitted by mail. I was told over the phone NO appointment necessary and could pick my location to go to. I even questioned the officer about an appointment and was told a second time No appointment necessary. No rules broken.

Last edited:

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Freedom Tour is tomorrow when we pick up permits in Gettysburg, after getting MD permits a few weeks ago.

Who would've ever thunk this would be happening?

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I am in NJ for business and I intended to stop by York Satellite on my way home. Went to make my appt and they don't have anything until next week. That just doesn't work for me. As it is, I have to go out of my way about 90 minutes to get there but that is a small sacrifice to me. I called 3 times today with no answer and then decided to leave a message to ask for an appt on Friday. I don't expect a call back but what I am reading above...should just show up without an appt. ?

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    I am in NJ for business and I intended to stop by York Satellite on my way home. Went to make my appt and they don't have anything until next week. That just doesn't work for me. As it is, I have to go out of my way about 90 minutes to get there but that is a small sacrifice to me. I called 3 times today with no answer and then decided to leave a message to ask for an appt on Friday. I don't expect a call back but what I am reading above...should just show up without an appt. ?
    They will not turn you away.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Picked up the PA permits today in Gettysburg. In and out in a little under 10 minutes.

We did not have to show the Maryland permit, our paperwork was right there waiting. Got there about a half hour early but that wasn't a problem, no one was there to pick up.

We celebrated at Garyowen with Scotch eggs, a Irish Fry-up, fish and chips, and, the horror, a beer.

No one died.

IMG_20221117_124608693.jpg

IMG_20221117_125710293.jpg

IMG_20221117_125715038.jpg

IMG_20221117_124735743.jpg

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I do love Gary Owen. Friend of mine has an office up there. After a golf outing, we stopped in for food. It was an Irish Shindig. Irish band playing, dancing, singing. What a great time. Food was outstanding and my favorite was the green curry mussels. I don't know if they always have them on the menu but you need to try them.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    The Adams County Sheriff sells these challenge coins for $10 each. All proceeds go to support their K-9 Unit. This coin has the image of their current Bomb Dog, Tuko.

f9fa69555e2c6fd64ce1c3d81443fa9a.jpg

4de7cb4fdd8f21d526881c7a6ffddf68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Picked up my PA today. I had made an appt and the earliest I could get it for was Tuesday. Went up today because I had to come thru there on my return trip up north. Deputy cutie was there and in a very good mood (because Friday) she said and she took care of me. The line was 5 deep and I probably delayed some people with an actual appt. for about 3 minutes. Sorry. Anyway, all is good. Probably a few MDS'ers in line also.

Funny story, the guy in front of me was a PA resident trying to get a renewal that he applied for in September and had not heard anything. They gave him his while he was there also. They must like MD folks a bit more ;)

Dirtdiver913

Apr 26, 2022
    Middle river
    Filled my PA permit around 1pm Wednesday was talking to a couple workers of mine that night the 1 filled his application out around 7pm his gets approved and im still waiting so much for "first come first serve"

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Call me dumb but when I go to link to apply for pa permit requartless it does not let go to form to fill out ?
    What might I be doing wrong?
    Thanks

York county satellite has Deputy Hotness.
    There are three problems with Deputy Hotness:
    1- I am married
    2- She is married with kids, and way out of my league.
    3- According to "The Hot Crazy Matrix" she must be a tranny. She is a solid 9.5 by Los Angeles or Miami standards and has a good brain to boot. Chatting with her for 5-10 minutes made me question whether a woman like this is actually real. It was a very Twilight Zone moment.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Call me dumb but when I go to link to apply for pa permit requartless it does not let go to form to fill out ?
    What might I be doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Requartless of what permit you are applying for, it might help if you included the link you are referring to.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    There are three problems with Deputy Hotness:
    1- I am married
    2- She is married with kids, and way out of my league.
    3- According to "The Hot Crazy Matrix" she must be a tranny. She is a solid 9.5 by Los Angeles or Miami standards and has a good brain to boot. Chatting with her for 5-10 minutes made me question whether a woman like this is actually real. It was a very Twilight Zone moment.
    Since I'm going through Gettysburg, I'm going to need someone to post a pic of Deputy Hotness. Who's going to step up to the challenge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom