• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    oh, OK. Adams county is closer to me anyway . Thanks.

Wildmandt

Nov 1, 2022
    Westminster
    I did mine in Adam’s county. Got my Maryland permit on a Saturday applied online for PA permit same day. Approved Monday morning. Schedule pick up time was one week out the next Tuesday in the courthouse for about 15 min wait time. Pretty easy

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Dagger. I didn't realize that Adam's was a week out on appointments. I had a surprise day next week and wanted to pick it up. No dice.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Now that I got my Maryland permit on hand, I was planning on going the Adams County Route. Problem is I can’t work time into my schedule until December to get up that way to pick it up. Does anyone know how far out you can make a pick up appointment? Or do you have to make it within a certain amount of time Of applying?

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    Applied Monday morning, got e-mail approval Wednesday morning. Heading up to satellite office in York to pick up this coming Wednesday since I already had that day off from work.

jnickle25

Oct 24, 2022
    Maryland
    Applied Monday morning, got e-mail approval Wednesday morning. Heading up to satellite office in York to pick up this coming Wednesday since I already had that day off from work.
    I applied Thursday at 440pm. Approved Friday morning at 848. Go to pick mine up Monday 11/7.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I know this is the MD Shooter forum, but was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I started reading the fine print of the reciprocity between PA and other states and discovered that PA mostly only recognizes RESIDENT permits from those states with which it has reciprocity. So then I started trying to figure out how to apply for a non-resident PA permit since I get up that way periodically. From what I can see, the process starts with any local county Sheriff's office. Here's where I got stuck: All of the county websites I checked said they are not processing non-resident permits applications "right now"! Who knows how long that's been going on.

So if anyone knows of a PA county that is processing non-resident permits, please let me know. Thanks!
    Already checked:
    Bucks
    Lancaster
    York
    Chester
    Delaware - this one did not even have a functioning county Gov't website
    Good grief, did you read any of this thread?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Now that I got my Maryland permit on hand, I was planning on going the Adams County Route. Problem is I can’t work time into my schedule until December to get up that way to pick it up. Does anyone know how far out you can make a pick up appointment? Or do you have to make it within a certain amount of time Of applying?
    You can't even make it till you are approved. They are getting backed up. I just made one for early December so you'll be fine. Just do it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I applied to York 3AM Wednesday. Here it is 3AM Friday, and no word yet.

I'm starting to panic.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Please post their response, fellow Cecil County residents want to know.

It looks like York County PA may be the best bet for Cecil County Wear and Carry permit holders.
    Here is a link:

My maryland permit was approved today when I get the card in the mail what do I have to do to get the PA non resident permit
    Here's a link to the info. Ironically from this very thread!

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I applied to York 3AM Wednesday. Here it is 3AM Friday, and no word yet.

I'm starting to panic.

I applied Monday afternoon to York and was approved Thursday morning. Having a common name causes me panic every time I apply for anything with a background check, and I was sure I would have to appeal PA but I'm GTG..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom