• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snardo

Nov 25, 2019
    I know this is the MD Shooter forum, but was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I started reading the fine print of the reciprocity between PA and other states and discovered that PA mostly only recognizes RESIDENT permits from those states with which it has reciprocity. So then I started trying to figure out how to apply for a non-resident PA permit since I get up that way periodically. From what I can see, the process starts with any local county Sheriff's office. Here's where I got stuck: All of the county websites I checked said they are not processing non-resident permits applications "right now"! Who knows how long that's been going on.

So if anyone knows of a PA county that is processing non-resident permits, please let me know. Thanks!
    Already checked:
    Bucks
    Lancaster
    York
    Chester
    Delaware - this one did not even have a functioning county Gov't website

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    The search feature is your friend.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    What is the best place to go in to pa to get your permit that is close to bruster mills wv?

my sister in law lives there and next time we go see her we may go to pa and get my non resident permit now i have my md in hand.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    What is the best place to go in to pa to get your permit that is close to bruster mills wv?

my sister in law lives there and next time we go see her we may go to pa and get my non resident permit now i have my md in hand.
    Use Google maps and locate the county in PA closest to Bruster Mills. Then apply for it through the county website and make an appointment at their local police office.

PA really does make it easy.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Use Google maps and locate the county in PA closest to Bruster Mills. Then apply for it through the county website and make an appointment at their local police office.

Yes they do. I went to York. They acted like they wanted me to have it and couldn't have been more efficient and pleasant.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I wouldn’t say hot, she’s cute though. Very personable……….and her bulletproof vest is hiding a pair of howitzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was going to objectify her as an overall 8 visually, in part because I couldn't get a read on what might be contained in that kids-sized plate carrier. I really liked her face...and that seemingly naturally highlighted hair...all very nice :yummy: . But, for my experience, it was her friendly but confident personality that put her off the charts...and that was even before she had her coffee.:cool:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Yes they do. I went to York. They acted like they wanted me to have it and couldn't have been more efficient and pleasant.
    York was extremely efficient and pleasant as you say. The sheriff that processed me said something to the effect of “they could use more guys like me up here”, presuming he meant GGWAG. He seemed happier to give me the permit than I was picking it up, almost. What a stark difference from Maryland.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie

Super easy. I applied on a Saturday evening. Was approved early afternoon Tuesday. Picked up Wednesday. York County.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Adams county appears to have slowed down some. A 10/12 PM application yielded a 10/19 AM approval. Scheduled pickup appointments are booked out four business days.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I know this is the MD Shooter forum, but was hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I started reading the fine print of the reciprocity between PA and other states and discovered that PA mostly only recognizes RESIDENT permits from those states with which it has reciprocity. So then I started trying to figure out how to apply for a non-resident PA permit since I get up that way periodically. From what I can see, the process starts with any local county Sheriff's office. Here's where I got stuck: All of the county websites I checked said they are not processing non-resident permits applications "right now"! Who knows how long that's been going on.

So if anyone knows of a PA county that is processing non-resident permits, please let me know. Thanks!
    Already checked:
    Bucks
    Lancaster
    York
    Chester
    Delaware - this one did not even have a functioning county Gov't website
    Think of PA as "must issue" for residents and "may issue" for non-residents. It's up to the county sheriff if they will issue non-resident permits. Not all counties do. York, Adams, and Franklin seem to be friendly from what I've read. I got mine in Adams County.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Does PA require an in-person pick-up or can you arrange for it to be mailed to you?
    All the info is in multiple previous posts and on the application website.

(Seems I’ve heard this question before, and before that, and before that, and …)

Nobody reads. :banghead:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If you're picking up in Gettysburg I can recommend the Gettysburg Family Restaurant at least for breakfast.
    Old school, good food served quickly by nice people and the price is right.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I applied for PA in Adams county as soon as I had my MD permit in hand. Was approved 3 days later and went to the Gettysburg courthouse to pick it up. It took me longer to find the issuing office (it's in the basement, down 1 level from the entrance) I hear about people going to a satellite office. I didn't see that when I scheduled my appointment for pickup. Where is it and how did people learn about this option? I'm asking for a friend.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I applied for PA in Adams county as soon as I had my MD permit in hand. Was approved 3 days later and went to the Gettysburg courthouse to pick it up. It took me longer to find the issuing office (it's in the basement, down 1 level from the entrance) I hear about people going to a satellite office. I didn't see that when I scheduled my appointment for pickup. Where is it and how did people learn about this option? I'm asking for a friend.
    The satellite office is associated with York County, not Adams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom