• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Should I send it online is that the easiest
    You have to submit it online. Once you are approved, make an appt and go get it. If you got to the york satellite offic, you may get to meet deputy hotness.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Well after the horse was out of the barn, y'all said go to York. I had already applied online to Delaware County (closest for me in Southern Delaware). FINALLY today 20 days after applying, I get the call - wife and I approved. I made a quick call to the Delaware County Sheriff-no appointments. Quick look at the calendar and next Wednesday is wide open. Tell the wife at 12:30pm. She says let's go! Two and a half hours each way, picked up permits, quick stop at Costco and home in 6 hours.

Word to the wise: don't apply at Delaware County. York would have only added an hour each way. But in the grand universe I have DE, PA and AZ=about 40 states. Maryland about 2-3 weeks away. Life is good.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Monday submittal online
    Wednesday approval by text and email
    My appointment is set for next Thursday in Gettysburg.

Gettysburg is a nice drive very scenic. We used street parking a couple blocks from the station. If you just plan on getting your permit and leaving an hour is more than enough. All the meters use an app though its called "PayByPhone" if you want to use it in advance.

Pgas32

Mar 10, 2015
    Cecil
    Just as another data point - I submitted to Adams county on Tuesday 10/4 and was approved today 10/7. There are no more pickup appointments left for next week, so I'm scheduled for the week of 10/17...plan on flying up if the weather is good!

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I picked up mine at the satellite office at York this afternoon. Kind of a wait, 4 non residents in front of me, and two people came behind me who were PA residents I guess. They didn't get the out of state permit paper you read/sign and get a copy of.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Picked up today in Gettysburg. In and out in about 8 minutes. Overpaid the parking meter outside biggly. Friendly and efficient, and they (Adams County Sheriff) have a nice looking challenge coin for sale for $10 to add to the collection.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Picked up today in Gettysburg. In and out in about 8 minutes. Overpaid the parking meter outside biggly. Friendly and efficient, and they (Adams County Sheriff) have a nice looking challenge coin for sale for $10 to add to the collection.

Don’t feel bad, I made a larger donation to the parking meter than I needed to, also. I think it took me more time to walk from the car to the building that I spent inside.

For anyone else going to Adams County, the challenge coins are cash or check only, no credit cards.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    I was also there yesterday although I had the first appointment for the day. I had no wait and I am sure from the time I entered the building to the time I left was no more than 5 minutes. And like others, I overpaid the parking meter. The staff was pleasant and I just kept thinking that this is how the process should have been in Maryland.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    So if I apply online can I still pick up in Gettysburg?
    As long as it's an application in the Adam's county online system. You have to pick up in person (they do not mail them out as your photo is taken at the pick up appointment) and as AFAIK the Gettysburg location is the only option for pick-up in Adams county.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I met her and she is really, really nice. Not sure she is that hot though. Maybe it's her style while on the job, but I wasn't wowed by her at all.

I wouldn’t say hot, she’s cute though. Very personable……….and her bulletproof vest is hiding a pair of howitzers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom