• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I went to the York satellite office to pick my permit up this morning. Very friendly and efficient. In and out in 5 minutes. Both deputies were very nice, the hot chick must have been off today! LOL! I asked the deputy what York county was going to spend all that permit money on and he said the State gets the money. He said the county maybe gets 50 cents per permit. Also if you go there and are hungry, like I was, I can recommend the Round the Clock Diner right down the road.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'd rather my money go to a sheriff's office that supports the 2A anyways. I hope the sheriff's offices in York, Adams, Franklin, and Delaware Counties keep up the good work!

I could just imagine going to Philadelphia County (Philadelphia is its own County, like Baltimore City) to get a permit as a non-resident.

And the only way to OC in Philly is with a permit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    From Elkridge take MD 100 west to North on US29. West on I70 to MD 32N. In Eldersburg, Turn left on MD26 to MD97 to Gettysburg. MD 97 will turn left and join MD 140 through Westminster then breaks right and continues north where it ends in Gettyburg. Continue straight when it ends at US 15 and the Courthouse will be on your left. If you get to the square at US30, you missed it.

P.S. The young lady who processed my permit was no slouch!!!!

I used this route to go to Littlestown Fish and Game from Severna Park for the last year and a half. It was my go to until they opened the Patuxent Freeway a.k.a MD32 to I 70. I live in Littlestown now, so the Gettysburg Court House is a 10-15 minute trip....

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    great info !

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Got mine today, easier than Md in and out in 10min.

$25 for 5 years MD could learn a thing or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    maryland dosen't care about freedom loving people , it's all about control .

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Yeah, you are right. I am still trying to get over the fact that the wife and submitted for MD and AZ at the same time. Her MD was accepted in 1 day, mine 5 days. She has her AZ in hand, I had to call today and they said it should go out this week, but allow 30 days. Is this sex discrimination or the fact that I'm on MDS and she isn't.
    probally !

Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD
    Submitted my PA non-resident app Monday 9/26 @ 730p via the York County Sherriff's link.
    Approval e-mail Wednesday 9/28 3p
    Scheduled a Friday morning pickup via link in said e-mail.
    No lovely lady but the man was handsome, cordial and efficient :D
    I had card in hand in about 10 minutes.

Quite smooth thanks to the info and tips gathered here.

One thing to note - getting back to 83 South from the York satellite location was a b!tch due to road work.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I went up this past Tuesday to Adams Co. Much prefer the nice drive than 83 to York. Set my appt for 1130, so I could miss traffic on both ends of trip to/from Balto, an grab lunch at the Blue&Gray. A co-coworker texted me Monday night and asked what I was doing Tuesday, told her, she asked if she could tag along. I said be at my house around 9 (I had to drop some wheels for balancing on way out). Had a nice drive up 97 and good lunch and home before the madness on 695...

I also got the coins, man they're nice!

Jman698

Aug 23, 2022
    Baltimore
    I was wondering where I go online to apply for a PA carry license? I have my maryland license and live in maryland. Thanks for your help

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was wondering where I go online to apply for a PA carry license? I have my maryland license and live in maryland. Thanks for your help
    To the website for the Sheriff's offic ein the county you want to apply at. Not all counties process non-resident permits (Lancaster).
    I know York and Adams do.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Posted this in the PA section but I’ll post it here also. If you’re West of Cumberland hope it helps.
    Picked up my PA LTC today in Somerset (Western PA). They don’t have any information online that I could find other than the application form in a fillable PDF. Stopped by last Monday afternoon but they close at 4:00 and I got there about 4:30. Went back Tuesday to drop it off and didn’t even have to go to the office. The Sheriff at the entrance asked what I was there for and took my application and money, $19+$1 processing fee. Called Friday to check on it and was told probably Tuesday. I was in town today and stopped by to check and was processed and out the door in about 10 minutes. Parking right outside the Courthouse or in a lot behind it. Forgot to leave my cell phone and knife in the truck but when I got to the metal detector just dumped everything in the bin. He gave me back everything but the knife which he laid on the desk and gave it back when I left. You can mail in the application and go from there, you don’t have to drop it off in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom