Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they use VOIP their Internet is down so no calls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Ok. Just got a text, call and Email that I'm approved. less than 72 hours (over a weekend) I guess that's not too bad
    I applied Saturday also. Got an email this morning that my license and handgun permit needed to be uploaded. Not sure why it didn't go through on Saturday but I uploaded both at the time of the application. Re-uploaded them earlier. Hopefully it'll get done today.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    If they use VOIP their Internet is down so no calls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I posted my question at about exactly the same time as the post re the internet going down. But as soon as I saw it I figured that's why I can't get through.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    No appointments today, york county judicial lost its internet. I got a call on the way to my appointment today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was pulling into the parking lot this morning for my appointment when a deputy called me from her cell phone to let me know they could not issue permits today. Good thing York is not too far a trip for me.

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    I was pulling into the parking lot this morning for my appointment when a deputy called me from her cell phone to let me know they could not issue permits today. Good thing York is not too far a trip for me.
    Me too. I ended getting some breakfast nearby, went back and the internet issue was resolved, got my permit. With all the traffic, I wasn't about to turn around and go home without giving some time for the problem to get resolved.

ThisOrThat

Aug 6, 2020
    What time is the satellite office in York open until? Seeing if I need to take a day off or if I could do it afterwards.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    From Elkridge take MD 100 west to North on US29. West on I70 to MD 32N. In Eldersburg, Turn left on MD26 to MD97 to Gettysburg. MD 97 will turn left and join MD 140 through Westminster then breaks right and continues north where it ends in Gettyburg. Continue straight when it ends at US 15 and the Courthouse will be on your left. If you get to the square at US30, you missed it.

P.S. The young lady who processed my permit was no slouch!!!!

I used this route to go to Littlestown Fish and Game from Severna Park for the last year and a half. It was my go to until they opened the Patuxent Freeway a.k.a MD32 to I 70. I live in Littlestown now, so the Gettysburg Court House is a 10-15 minute trip....

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I’ll probably go this route when the time comes.

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    As everyone has said, MD could learn a thing or two about the process from PA. The thing that stands out to me is how welcoming PA is. MD makes you feel like scum for wanting a permit and PA treats you... well, like they are helping you exercise a right. There’s the “it’s easier than you think” wording on the permit website, super friendly staff at the York courthouse, accommodating hours, low cost, fast turnaround, and even a “congratulations“ email when you are approved.

Thank you Pennsylvania.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    it took me 3 days to get approved with Adams County. Then it took me longer to find parking than to actually get the permit.
    Do they do pickups on weekends? I am just wondering if I can time it to coincide with a Gettysburg gun show and kill two birds with one stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom