• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 3, 2021
    A couple of things,

How backed up is PA going to get with thousands of people getting wear and carry permits and maryland and taking the drive up to get the Pa one.

Two they are completely online now in Adams county ( gettysburg ), you even pay online now.

Two I just tempted fate and did my PA app online and uploaded the approval from MDSP. I dont have my card yet, but I figured ( hopefully ) they see the approval letter as proof I have the wear and carry. Worse case when you go online to track the app there is a place to upload more info. I figure with how MD is going I should have my card in a few days, probably saturday or monday. Being friday later in the day, they probably wont even look at the app for a day or 2. This gives the post office a chance to get it here.

If they kick it out for not attaching a pic of the W&C I will just upload it as soon as I get it and play dumb ( I might be). It does say on the app if your out of state to attached a photo copy per the email reply. So I can play dumb, and if it comes tomorrow I will just upload it tomorrow.

Lets see what happens
    I mailed mine in to the Franklin county Pa sheriffs office. Online it said send a copy of MD DL and permit. 1 week later i received my approval letter back from them. FAST
    I drove up to Chambersburg with letter and got my picture done and out the door in 10 min.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Adams (Gettysburg) took about 3 days to approve, but I wasn’t in a rush, I’ve been busy. Took today off and took a great motorcycle ride up there to pick it up.

Figuring out which building it was and finding a parking spot took the most time. I was 1/2 hour early for my appointment.

From the time I walked away from the parking meter to the time I got back with my permit it was 14 minutes, and that included a bathroom break.

I left 30 minutes on the meter for a nice couple who was pulling up as I was leaving, I waved them into my spot.

What a great day.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    York satellite office is the way to go. Fast county, easy approval, empty parking lot. You'll be in the building for five whole minutes pushing out your best pickup lines if nobody is in front of you. A big Sheetz is 1,300 feet away for lunch and potty break.

Adams (Gettysburg) took about 3 days to approve, but I wasn’t in a rush, I’ve been busy. Took today off and took a great motorcycle ride up there to pick it up.

Figuring out which building it was and finding a parking spot took the most time. I was 1/2 hour early for my appointment.

From the time I walked away from the parking meter to the time I got back with my permit it was 14 minutes, and that included a bathroom break.

I left 30 minutes on the meter for a nice couple who was pulling up as I was leaving, I waved them into my spot.

What a great day.
    In anticipation of getting my permit in the next two weeks, trying to figure out which is closer to me, York or Adams County. From Elkridge, is it quicker to head up 83 to York, or 70 to Gettysburg?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    While at the Gettysburg office today, I picked up 2 Adam's Co. Sheriff's Office challenge coins in addition to my permit. They had them on the counter for sale.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    In anticipation of getting my permit in the next two weeks, trying to figure out which is closer to me, York or Adams County. From Elkridge, is it quicker to head up 83 to York, or 70 to Gettysburg?
    From Elkridge take MD 100 west to North on US29. West on I70 to MD 32N. In Eldersburg, Turn left on MD26 to MD97 to Gettysburg. MD 97 will turn left and join MD 140 through Westminster then breaks right and continues north where it ends in Gettyburg. Continue straight when it ends at US 15 and the Courthouse will be on your left. If you get to the square at US30, you missed it.

P.S. The young lady who processed my permit was no slouch!!!!

I used this route to go to Littlestown Fish and Game from Severna Park for the last year and a half. It was my go to until they opened the Patuxent Freeway a.k.a MD32 to I 70. I live in Littlestown now, so the Gettysburg Court House is a 10-15 minute trip....

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    In my opinion Gettysburg is a much more relaxing trip. 83 sucks donkey balls. You do the math. I chose Gettysburg from Eldersburg because I enjoy that particular ride on my motorcycle. The ride to York I do not. Also, when I want to look at a hot chick, I just look at my lady.

My trip today was filled with awesome views and “chill” blood pressure.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep up 97 is very nice and scenic

Alas no hot Deputies in Gettysburg though.

Friendly but not hot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Yep up 97 is very nice and scenic

Alas no hot Deputies in Gettysburg though.

Friendly but not hot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Who cares. Job done. Only one scoring with York chic is her hubby. Doubt she’s gonna toss him to the curb for an “old white guy”.

Y’all keep going to York, I’ll keep sending my friends to Adams.

Waited 59 days for MD, an extra day or two for PA is nothin’.

The Gettysburg girl was completely easy on the eyes and pleasant

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No no I went to Gettysburg hot chick or not as you stated it’s a nice drive and shorter from CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sorry for misunderstanding Sensai Swinokur.

York seems to be “instant gratification” with a side of memories of not scoring with a prom queen and an extra helping of traffic.

Gettysburg seems to be an “enjoy the moment” type of trip.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Picked up my permit yesterday at the York satelite office. Could not have been an easier experience. Spent maybe 10 minutes there. The deputy at the desk was terrific. I know all the old farts on this thread were drooling over her, but more important than her appearance was the fact that she was super friendly and a pleasure to talk to. We gave each other a couple tips on shopping and restaurants in Lancaster, where I was headed next, and I was on my way. Well done York County!

Spent the rest of the day pocket carrying my Karh 9mm with a couple stops in Lancaster. Then made it over to King of Prussia Mall, which I have been intending to get to for a year or more now. I'm a certified watch enthusiast/nerd and KoP is a watch lovers dream with all sorts of high end Swiss watch stores and boutiques. My understanding is that carrying at that mall is against their policy but I wasn't going to let that stop me. If there's one place in this world I WANT to be armed, it's at a shopping mall.

After that headed home with a quick tax-free shopping stop in Middletown, DE. All-in-all a great day and a wonderful experience concealed carrying in PA/DE/MD. Praise the Lord and Mitch McConnell.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    I applied Friday afternoon in Adams County. Got the approved call this morning. Not as quick as York County but still pretty damn quick. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom