• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Just applied to Adams County. It did not ask about other CCWs besides my home state so I assume they don't care about my UT. I guess each county has their own permitting system? Anyway easy peasy took like 5 minutes to apply. It did not say what format to upload pics of license and MD permit so I just uploaded PNG files. I guess I will find out. Are they calling references?
    Yeah - they only care that you have your homestate permit as having it is a requirement for a PA NR permit.

They're not calling references.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I submitted Tuesday at lunch for adama County, no update yet. They are slower than York i think next week ill hear something.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wrong thread but my new MD DL has a different number than what it has always been. Did this change?
    Yes. Apparently about 6 months ago they started issuing them with "anonymized" numbers for PII protection. Your DL number, just like old Social Security Numbers has a certain amount of PII in it related to your last name (first letter of your last name used to start it) and I think some of the numbers corresponded to where you got your DL and when you initially got it, and then the order issued or something like that.

Mine changed up and I didn't notice until after I submitted my HGP application. But I changed it in my MSP account and it updated to my application a day or two later.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yes. Apparently about 6 months ago they started issuing them with "anonymized" numbers for PII protection. Your DL number, just like old Social Security Numbers has a certain amount of PII in it related to your last name (first letter of your last name used to start it) and I think some of the numbers corresponded to where you got your DL and when you initially got it, and then the order issued or something like that.

Mine changed up and I didn't notice until after I submitted my HGP application. But I changed it in my MSP account and it updated to my application a day or two later.

Thanks

pauljk00

Jun 23, 2022
    Maryland
    I submitted mine to York yesterday morning and just got the approval. It was around 26 hours. Very smooth. Got an automated voice mail and an email with the approval and a link to set up the pickup location and time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom