• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    A couple of things,

How backed up is PA going to get with thousands of people getting wear and carry permits and maryland and taking the drive up to get the Pa one.

Two they are completely online now in Adams county ( gettysburg ), you even pay online now.

Two I just tempted fate and did my PA app online and uploaded the approval from MDSP. I dont have my card yet, but I figured ( hopefully ) they see the approval letter as proof I have the wear and carry. Worse case when you go online to track the app there is a place to upload more info. I figure with how MD is going I should have my card in a few days, probably saturday or monday. Being friday later in the day, they probably wont even look at the app for a day or 2. This gives the post office a chance to get it here.

If they kick it out for not attaching a pic of the W&C I will just upload it as soon as I get it and play dumb ( I might be). It does say on the app if your out of state to attached a photo copy per the email reply. So I can play dumb, and if it comes tomorrow I will just upload it tomorrow.

Lets see what happens

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Couldn't wait those few days and avoid the potential issue?
    The initial thought was to start and save the app. Then finish it when I get the card, but they dont seem to have a way to save it as you go. So I thought what the hell, worse case is they get 20 bucks out of me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Without the pic of your permit they will deny. The letter is not proof of anything unfortunately

They want a permit number and your picture

I’m waiting too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    It may be BGOS, but I thought I recall that if you get denied for a PA CCW, you only have 30-days to resolve it (appeal) or you're ineligible to ever receive one? re-apply for 1 year

Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Without the pic of your permit they will deny. The letter is not proof of anything unfortunately

They want a permit number and your picture

I’m waiting too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The approved letter does have the permit number on it.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I completed the entire PA application only to be advised at the end that I was five days too early. No save button. I’ll redo it the first of the week <s>.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Looks like the permit needs to be picked up in person and by appointment? Is that the case now and do they offer Saturday appointments?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Looks like the permit needs to be picked up in person and by appointment? Is that the case now and do they offer Saturday appointments?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    They contact you to make the appt, then you go get your pic taken and they print it and give it to you. No idea if you can do a saturday apt.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    PA accepted my renewal application a few minutes ago. Looking for a nice drive, although an estimated cost for fuel at $130 isn’t particularly endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom