• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Love it, direct competitor to the 43X, really close in size/weight, but a lot more features. The P365 and P320 are kinda evolving into something different than anything before them, a small frame and large frame platform. The 365 platform is awesome for concealed carry and smaller hands. The 320 platform trigger mechanism is more rugged, full width red dots, full width grips, more weight and handles the 21rd mags better. It's so much better than just chopping down an existing model like turning a G17 into a G19 and a G26. For some grip width isn't a huge thing, but for me it is, the 365 slide is .9", the P320 slide is 1.060", not a huge difference on the surface, but it does add a lot of weight, the P365 grip is also almost 1/2" higher, and nearly 1/4" thicker. It's awesome Sig also makes all the parts of new models available at some point, it basically future proof's the design, $40 for a grip module or a couple hundred for a slide, can basically configure it however you want without having to buy a completely new pistol each time, and with the FCG builder you can get essentially a custom pistol design and easily put the parts together. Sig being Sig, swapping my 320 or 365 stuff around to different configurations always slaps together easily, and has proven reliable without fail.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not sure how many choices there are. I was referring to general size and magazine capacity. I thought the P320 was basically a striker fired P229 size wise. If they are porking up the P365 I just wondered where the breaking point was to say forget about stretching the P365 and just go ahead and get a P320.

I'm curious about you getting a P320 vs. sticking with the P229 since you have so much time invested with the P229.
    The 320 is so modular and you can make different sizes out of a single FCU.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    Confirmed
    Q: Will the XMacro Grip be made available separately? Will the XMacro Grip fit on a P365XL Slide?

A: Yes, the grip module will be available separately in the upcoming months and it will be compatible with the P365XL slides.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    26dc2788e1ee45aa22808d03a7aff25a.jpg

That’s wild.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    FROM HGB Administrator:
    -----------------
    Good Afternoon,

I just received a petition for this firearm (P365-XMACRO) for the upcoming meeting. If approved by the Board at the September 7th HRB meeting, the firearm should go in the next Maryland Register issue on September 23rd. You have to allow 30 days for objections and if none, the firearm will be legal for sale and on the handgun roster on October 23rd.
    Good Afternoon,

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    STOP IT SIG I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY
    My wife is gonna be a little angry, for a little bit. My 365 is my first Sig. Other than hating life changing spring in the trigger module, because the whole thing got taken apart, I’m very impressed with it. I need more.
    I already have crap for the 365 too. UGH
    Won’t the Comp slide work on that grip module?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In that video Outrider posted, they put a spectre comp slide on the Macro frame and ran it that way
    Exactly why I posted it too. The vid runs a bit fast(for me), and a lot of good info tends to fly by(again, for me).
    Nice thing about U-tube, you can go back and forth once you have the time.

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    I think Sig is developing some fantastic and innovative products. I just hope they don’t fall into the same problem they had around 10 years ago where they were producing so many SKU products with different finishes, diamond plate slides, etc. that they kind of fell into Taurus territory with so many gimmicky guns. I don’t think they quality is sub par though.
    Just my 5¢ of thought.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    From the Sig site:

Q:Will the new P365X-Macro 17-rd magazine fit in earlier P365 models?

A:The 17 round mags are fully compatible with the other P365 models and there are base plates available to make them compatible with all other grip modules. They will ship with the parts needed for use with the other grip mods.

I've posted a question whether the new XMacro grip will fit a standard XL Slide. It looks like it should. Then it may just be a grip and mag upgrade vs. a new pistol.
    You beat me to it, I was thinking the same.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Man. I grew up with a Glock and I have quite a few. I never saw much of a reason to change, because they are just devices to launch bullets and the bullet doesn't know which type of gun it was fired from. Never enough separation in my mind to completely re-do my system.

But damn, nowadays, Sig is making it pretty hard not to switch...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    My wife is gonna be a little angry, for a little bit. My 365 is my first Sig. Other than hating life changing spring in the trigger module, because the whole thing got taken apart, I’m very impressed with it. I need more.

Won’t the Comp slide work on that grip module?
    I changed the trigger in my 320 M17 and that was a chore. I also thought I had to remove the safety and that was fun I shot the safety detent across the room a couple of times on re-install. :lol2:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I think Sig is developing some fantastic and innovative products. I just hope they don’t fall into the same problem they had around 10 years ago where they were producing so many SKU products with different finishes, diamond plate slides, etc. that they kind of fell into Taurus territory with so many gimmicky guns. I don’t think they quality is sub par though.
    Just my 5¢ of thought.
    It seems they are leaving the upgrades to others. I have found very few Sig made "aftermarket" parts. Also older sigs of the 320 and I assume 365 have to go through the Sig Voluntary upgrade for a lot newer FCu upgrades to work right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom