• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    P365X Macro had its official release today. Looks like a Glock 19 killer? Modular, same size, two more rounds, optic cut, slide-based compensator, true 1913 accessory rail, and standard night sights. If you want to go smaller, all you gotta do is swap grip and/or slide depending on the circumstances

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The problem is the mags - can't get them with the gun, so they have to be sourced out of state, and Sig mags cost a small fortune.

In general I like the other iterations of the Sig p365 as a carry gun - more rounds is always better than less, but I'd rather just get the gun with smaller mags and not have to deal with the PITA of trying to source additional standard capacity mags for it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The problem is the mags - can't get them with the gun, so they have to be sourced out of state, and Sig mags cost a small fortune.

In general I like the other iterations of the Sig p365 as a carry gun - more rounds is always better than less, but I'd rather just get the gun with smaller mags and not have to deal with the PITA of trying to source additional standard capacity mags for it.
    I just buy used and have the mags shipped separately out of state. They'll pop up. It comes with two, so for a carry gun, I only need a couple more after that.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo

you can buy online and have the ffl ship the mags separately to a VA address. check with the ffl sending you the firearm to a local store. kygunco for example did this for me for my x5 Legion. I just paid additional shipping for the mags.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Looks like a legit gun. Just need a macro grip for the XL owners for 17 round mags.

Sig seems to be owning the pistol game in recent years.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How close is this to the P320?
    Which one?
    I am putting together a 320 with a Wilson module with full grip, but short slide. 17 rd mags. I will have it together later when it get's here. Wee bit thicker, which is insignificant.
    My 365 I put together has the comp slide, wilson module that takes 15 round mags.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Which one?
    I am putting together a 320 with a Wilson module with full grip, but short slide. 17 rd mags. I will have it together later when it get's here. Wee bit thicker, which is insignificant.
    My 365 I put together has the comp slide, wilson module that takes 15 round mags.
    I'm not sure how many choices there are. I was referring to general size and magazine capacity. I thought the P320 was basically a striker fired P229 size wise. If they are porking up the P365 I just wondered where the breaking point was to say forget about stretching the P365 and just go ahead and get a P320.

I'm curious about you getting a P320 vs. sticking with the P229 since you have so much time invested with the P229.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Next question: will it be accepted for sale in MD under the existing Handgun Roster (P365X is already listed) as a new model #, or will a new petition be required?

I'll drop an email to the Administrator.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It is if you notice a difference, which I do. My thing with the comp, I am counting on the likelihood of shooting it with 1 hand, so that will be of assistance.
    I'm unconvinced slide compensators are all that effective based on my experience with 1911 bushing comps, but I guess it's not impossible.

This will almost certainly require roster submission. The cut off for submission is 8/17, but Sig tends to be on top of submitting their guns.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My bastardized 365 Macro and my X Compact 320 "build".
    Love the thickness of the compact. The Pro slide looks cool too.

Yeah yeah. It'll allow for debris to get in. I get it. Thanks.

Then with 17 and 15 round mags.
    39a349fc54f2b7c45dc6507391de5045.jpg
    ac5151083ec9f96a8441b4d8dcf1c799.jpg

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    From the Sig site:

Q:Will the new P365X-Macro 17-rd magazine fit in earlier P365 models?

A:The 17 round mags are fully compatible with the other P365 models and there are base plates available to make them compatible with all other grip modules. They will ship with the parts needed for use with the other grip mods.

I've posted a question whether the new XMacro grip will fit a standard XL Slide. It looks like it should. Then it may just be a grip and mag upgrade vs. a new pistol.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    From the Sig site:

Q:Will the new P365X-Macro 17-rd magazine fit in earlier P365 models?

A:The 17 round mags are fully compatible with the other P365 models and there are base plates available to make them compatible with all other grip modules. They will ship with the parts needed for use with the other grip mods.

I've posted a question whether the new XMacro grip will fit a standard XL Slide. It looks like it should. Then it may just be a grip and mag upgrade vs. a new pistol.
    The slide on the macro is just the spectre comp XL slide without the side cutouts

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD

Your ffl can block the mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom