• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lowerguk

Sep 26, 2020
    Carroll County
    I want to get a Glock 19 Gen5, but wanted to try and work with a dealer to trade my sig p320x5 for one. I paid around $800 for it in 2018. I’ve took it to the range once.

What would a fair deal look like in that scenario? Would trying to trade it straight up for a new g19 be fair or should I expect there to be extra cash involved?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just in case there's confusion... the X5 and the X-series are different guns. Some people get these mixed up, so I wanted to define our terms. The legit X5 has a 5" barrel, the XFull has a 4.7" barrel. The XFull is a good gun, but is not going to be a barn burner sales-wise.

The original X5s lost a bit of value once the X5 Legions came out and replaced them, for a few different reasons (sight cut, guide rod+spring setup, etc.). They are still in demand because some competitive shooters (like myself) prefer the X5 lockup over the X5 Legion lockup when it's available. You may be better off breaking up the gun and selling the grip+FCU+slide separately (and PM me if you're selling the slide assembly!), or selling the grip+slide and just keeping the FCU for future usage...

The gun store is never going to take a used Sig P320 X5 for straight trade for a gen5. You will be lucky if they give you $500 in store credit for it, IMHO. You need to sell it and then apply the funds to a gen5. You could probably get $650-$700 or so for it.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Sell it on consignment at the store, use the money to buy the Glock. The store will not give you enough money on a trade to just walk out with a Glock.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    XFull? Maybe. X5? Nah, you could certainly get $600 for it. Slide assembly itself is $400, easy. P320s get the most money broken up, there's almost always buyers for the FCU and (optics-cut) slide.
    Yeah I skipped that part.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Don't be Fabs, and start posts with "Yeah"
    Sorry about that......
    06c877dfb338a8832584162898e762af.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics