• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Are there any outdoor ranges, black powder allowed, open to Marylanders, not restricted to gun club membership, basically open to public for a fee, in the area between MD border and Lancaster, York, points east.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Issac Walton League of York.

Just off Exit 10.

It is a club with membership but it's very reasonable. Marylanders are welcome.

You can do everything you asked about. Have shot black powered there myself. (And once of that was enough. Patience is not one of my few virtues)

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    PA has a number of ranges maintained by the state and located on state game lands. I have been to the York range and it is quite nice. Regulations do not say anything about black powder being prohibited but if it were me I'd call just to make sure you do not run afoul.

PA State Game Land Ranges

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not exactly the question you're asking . But a number of those Pa Clubs have very reasonable membership , and don't catagorically rule out belonging to one .

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Reason I asked about clubs, is I dont want to get involved in Charity Drives, Toys for Tots, or stuff like that clubs usually require. Just want a place to shoot.
    Thanks for these leads, what I am looking for.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Reason I asked about clubs, is I dont want to get involved in Charity Drives, Toys for Tots, or stuff like that clubs usually require. Just want a place to shoot.
    Thanks for these leads, what I am looking for.
    Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportmen’s Association located in Quarryville, PA. You can be as involved or not in club activities as you want. Membership 1st year is $100 current renewal is $75. Only one more open enrollment sign up day this year on Saturday April 8th. Good club lots of ranges BP is welcome.

Link to web site, scroll down on Welcome page to NEW MEMBERSHIP 2023 for details on joining. A number of MDS members are also SLCFSA members.

Last edited:

CaptainVane

Mar 4, 2023
    Perry Hall
    Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportmen’s Association located in Quarryville, PA. You can be as involved or not in club activities as you want. Membership 1st year is $100 current renewal is $75. Only one more open enrollment sign up day this year on Saturday April 8th. Good club lots of ranges BP is welcome.

Link to web site, scroll down on Welcome page to NEW MEMBERSHIP 2023 for details on joining. A number of MDS members are also SLCFSA members.
    Great tip, thank you.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    They haven't taken new folks in a while
    They've been taking new folks the last 2 years at least. Have increased they're max membership as well. New folks come in as slots open up
    Hage to be sponsored by member

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Join more than one. Delta and SLCFSA costs me less than prices I've seen at any indoor range membership.

I'm fairly ignorant to Deltas membership process, I joined like 14 years ago when you paid for it and they give you a card. I think now you need to be vouched by a member, work hours and after a year of of being a newbie you finally can just send money and receive that years membership card.

Pros/Cons at both.

Delta is a smaller club. They seem cool with bringing your own steel, the few times I've encountered people recently they had their own steel they were blasting at. I'm sure there's some guidelines of that posted somewhere, clay birds on the berms

SLCFSA is bigger with more amenities, they have steel gongs on one of their rifle ranges and their open 50 yard pistol range otherwise it's paper only. Encounter more folks using the range there. Probably have to share the 300 yard on a weekend with someone.

My shtick is swinging by Delta after work on a weeknight several times a month spending anywhere from 10-20 minutes. I plan SLCFSA once every 2-3 months on a weekend with friends/family for a few hours, SLCFSA allows 3 guests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom