Otto Noizebarrier Micro Ear Plugs - Any idea if someone has it better than $410?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I have been tracking the prices for these ear plugs over the last couple weeks. I expected to see prices drop a little for BF or CM. So far other than a 15% coupon for Brownells I don't see any discounts. Unfortunately, Brownell's price is already high, plus they charge shipping so the net price is no better. HiTech has the best price ($410 - 5%), but they also charge $20 for shipping. I have seen some folks report getting them for $350-$360 over the last couple years. Any thoughts?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have been tracking the prices for these ear plugs over the last couple weeks. I expected to see prices drop a little for BF or CM. So far other than a 15% coupon for Brownells I don't see any discounts. Unfortunately, Brownell's price is already high, plus they charge shipping so the net price is no better. HiTech has the best price ($410 - 5%), but they also charge $20 for shipping. I have seen some folks report getting them for $350-$360 over the last couple years. Any thoughts?

****They look really nice. Let us know how they work out if you get them. I've never seen them in the $350 range for the general public but perhaps they have sales I am not aware of, etc.. They used to provide discounts to certified and active NRA instructors some time back, but I haven't seen their ads in some time, at least not this year.

I personally use over the ear MSA's with the Gel cups. They have remarkable situational awareness and sound dampening, and don't get in the way of the cheek weld like other bulkier options with similar NRR and sound dampening values while shooting AR's or Shotguns, etc.. I've doubled up with foam plugs for larger caliber or Magnum heavy loads indoors, etc.. mostly for safety although they seemed fine, just louder than I personally like - I could still hear the RSO's and other shooters just fine even with the additional plugs.

IMG_8019.jpg
    IMG_8020.jpg

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I went through BF and CM and still didn't see a discount on the Otto Noizebarrier Micros. I also looked at the Etymotic Versions (gunsport elite and music pro elite). After all was said and done, the cheapest I was able to get to was ~$410 with taxes and shipping.

There were a few main that things were the deal breaker for me:

1) Initial cost
    2) Longevity - lots of reports that they last about 1 year
    3) Only 1 year warranty
    2) $150 per ear piece to replace if they break.

I ended up going with Sordin Supreme Pro LED Defenders. I looked at the newest models but they were over $100 more expensive and in some cases $200. I spent about $290 all in.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I got a little over three years out of my Ottos. I need something like this when shooting long guns. When attaining cheek weld the stock dislodges the muffs/breaks the seal. That's a deal breaker. I keep watching this thread in the hopes that someone discovers a gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom