• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm done with having to take a smoking hot can off of one rifle and put it on another with an oven mitt. I want the ability to have 2 suppressed rifles at once. Since I was able to get a free tax stamp, I ordered a Rugged Razor 7.62. I thought about getting a dedicated Razor 5.56 can; but decided against it for these reasons:

1. My AR's currently run with the 30 cal can - don't want to revisit tweaking with 5.56.
    2. No problem if I want to run 2 non-5.56 rifles (e.g. 300 Black and 6.5 Grendel). Nor do I have to have a 5.56 can setup on an AR and then re-tweak for 7.62 and vice versa.
    3. I am willing to take the 3db (or whatever) hit in sound reduction to have the added flexibility; would still have to wear ear pro either way.
    4. Having a Razor and a Radiant, I have a short and long option in the Radiant, and a medium option in the Razor. The shorty version is sufficient on a bolt gun.

With the free tax stamp, this Razor is almost half of what I paid for the Radiant.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    30cal and K cans are usually better on semi autos because of the lower backpressure, and can be quieter at the ear than a really quiet, but restrictive can. The exceptions are some low backpressure 5.56 cans, they might be a little smaller, but usually have similar numbers to 30cal versions. If you have interchangeable end caps, they can help a little. I swap my 30cal and 9mm cans over to a flash hiding 22 end cap on my 5.56 stuff, and it works great, primarily to deal with the larger flash on 5.56 SBRs compared to 300BO, or even 308 in a longer barrel.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm done with having to take a smoking hot can off of one rifle and put it on another with an oven mitt. I want the ability to have 2 suppressed rifles at once. Since I was able to get a free tax stamp, I ordered a Rugged Razor 7.62. I thought about getting a dedicated Razor 5.56 can; but decided against it for these reasons:

1. My AR's currently run with the 30 cal can - don't want to revisit tweaking with 5.56.
    2. No problem if I want to run 2 non-5.56 rifles (e.g. 300 Black and 6.5 Grendel). Nor do I have to have a 5.56 can setup on an AR and then re-tweak for 7.62 and vice versa.
    3. I am willing to take the 3db (or whatever) hit in sound reduction to have the added flexibility; would still have to wear ear pro either way.
    4. Having a Razor and a Radiant, I have a short and long option in the Radiant, and a medium option in the Razor. The shorty version is sufficient on a bolt gun.

With the free tax stamp, this Razor is almost half of what I paid for the Radiant.
    How'd you get a free tax stamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom