• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Reading alot on sniper's hide forum, I would steer away from any reticle that is NOT on the first focal plane, there is a lot of information on that site about that (TRS-1 is 2nd focal plane, so according to the review linked above, would require you to be at 16x to get accurate proper measurements using the mildot system [which IS the point isn't it?])

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    Reading alot on sniper's hide forum, I would steer away from any reticle that is NOT on the first focal plane, there is a lot of information on that site about that (TRS-1 is 2nd focal plane, so according to the review linked above, would require you to be at 16x to get accurate proper measurements using the mildot system [which IS the point isn't it?])

Actually it is worse than that. The Millet TRS-1 requires you to be at 10x to get an accurate measurement, unlike most other SFP scopes that require you to be at max magnification. It also has a very weak detent at 10x so I was never sure it was solidly in it. For what it is it's not a bad scope, but it is very lacking in some areas, and proper milling is one of them. Another weakness is the reticle. Not good, but usable for some things.

As far as FFP vs SFP goes, unless you plan on doing a lot of tactical matches or shooting movers, SFP can work well enough, and it is usually a good bit cheaper.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom