• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Ok, wanted to get some opinions on setups some of you might have, looking to setup my 10/22 TD with a QD scope. What mounts and what optics are you using? Looking to stay more with scope versus red dot on this one.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ok, wanted to get some opinions on setups some of you might have, looking to setup my 10/22 TD with a QD scope. What mounts and what optics are you using? Looking to stay more with scope versus red dot on this one.

I'm not sure what mounts to use, but I believe Nikon has a few offerings for .22lr rifles and they have very fair prices.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I used a Leupold 1.25-4x Mark AR because I already had it, its super durable for the application and it generally fit the bill. I don't remember the ring brand (again, it was what I already had). I am pretty happy with the setup.

One thing to remember is that the rail that comes with the gun is weaver, not picatinny, so replace the rail or get the appropriate rings. I replaced the rail with the TacSol picatinny unit which has a lightening cut down the center that allows use of the iron sights with the rail still attached.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have a fixed-power Nikon 4x32 on my Henry .22, it's fantastic. Look through a Simmons and the Nikon side-by-side, and the Nikon is FAR sharper and brighter. Yes, it cost about $50 more than the Simmons, but BFD. That's going to work out to less than $1/year over the life of this setup.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I used a Leupold 1.25-4x Mark AR because I already had it, its super durable for the application and it generally fit the bill. I don't remember the ring brand (again, it was what I already had). I am pretty happy with the setup.

One thing to remember is that the rail that comes with the gun is weaver, not picatinny, so replace the rail or get the appropriate rings. I replaced the rail with the TacSol picatinny unit which has a lightening cut down the center that allows use of the iron sights with the rail still attached.

That's awesome! Does it cycle well suppressed?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I was thinking about the Leupold quick release base and rings, anyone have any experience with those?
    I have them, and use them with my PA 3-9x scope on my Mossberg MVP. They work good, provided you use them as the instructions tell you to. They are designed for Weaver rails, too.

As for an optic for the 10/22, a couple choices I would consider:
    1. Nikon 3-9x Prostaff Rimfire w/ BDC 150 reticle. Not cheap (~$150), but this should get you as far as the 10/22 is likely to get you.
    2. Primary Arms 3-9x: I'm transitioning off of this, but it's a pretty nice scope for the money ($80). I just don't have the time to learn to use a mil-style reticle correctly, and I want more magnification for my MVP (5.56x45).
    3. Nikon 4x Prostaff Rimfire: middle ground. Fast to use, not too expensive, simple reticle.

My current .22LR rifle has a reflex sight on it, but it's basically just a short-range blaster (25-50yds).

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    The optic possabilities are as endless as the build options. I have an 8-24x with offset irons. I am considering an offset cowitness RDS to go with it. I set it up to match my 30-06 with a 10-40x and offset irons and also possibly a cowitness RDS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom