Opinions on the Vedder Comfort Tuck IWB holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Anybody using a Vedder comfort tuck? I'm looking for a (as comfortable as possible) inside waistband holster for my Kahr PM9. Came across these. I like the set up and the leather portion between the gun and your skin. Curious to hear from anyone here who may own one and get their thoughts. Also want to know if this works good for fellas like me with a little too much weight around the mid-section (ie muffin top). Some IWB holsters really bite into your sides. I'd like to wear at either 2, 3 or 4 o'clock depending on comfort. Any thoughts?

71nRQOWVhUL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    I have a similar Aliengear one. It is comfortable but it is wide. So you can't just grab it an adjust it if you are getting in and out of a car and such. Comfort is a personal preference

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Does the wideness help with support and/or distributing the weight you think?

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
    Honestly, it's a small PM9. Not a lot of weight to "distribute". Also, it's an awful lot of holster to stuff inside your waistband.
    They are very difficult to adjust if you need to slide it forward or back on the go.
    They are comfortable when you are standing up. They will get comfortable when you sit down after the leather breaks in and softens up after a year of constant wear.
    Hybrid holsters like these can be frustrating, again, you cannot adjust them at all.

Your pistol is small enough that a normal Vedder light tuck all kydex will be just fine.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Honestly, it's a small PM9. Not a lot of weight to "distribute". Also, it's an awful lot of holster to stuff inside your waistband.
    They are very difficult to adjust if you need to slide it forward or back on the go.
    They are comfortable when you are standing up. They will get comfortable when you sit down after the leather breaks in and softens up after a year of constant wear.
    Hybrid holsters like these can be frustrating, again, you cannot adjust them at all.

Your pistol is small enough that a normal Vedder light tuck all kydex will be just fine.

Appreciate the feedback and good points. I'll take a look at that light tuck too. As long as they have a decent return policy I could always order both and return whichever I like least.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have an alien gear holster that is similar. I don't like it, it's massive and impossible to adjust(it's huge). I'm new to carrying but I like something I can move around like the Vedder light tuck. They make similar holsters in leather also if that's your thing

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I have an alien gear holster that is similar. I don't like it, it's massive and impossible to adjust(it's huge). I'm new to carrying but I like something I can move around like the Vedder light tuck. They make similar holsters in leather also if that's your thing
    I have a similar Alien Gear one too, and while trying it around the house while waiting for my permit, I do not like it for the same reasons. It also has way too much retention though that may be adjustable.

I'm currently looking for a plain, small kydex holster now and see what that is like.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have a vedder light tuck for walther p99, it works well. I have a desantes version of the comfort tuck for a 1911. I swear it feels like my pants shrunk 2 sizes when I tried it, yet I can carry the same 1911 in a vedder light tuck style holster with no issue.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Another vote here for Vedder Light Tuck. I use it for a full sized M&P.

I ALSO have the aliengear but it no longer gets any use....too bulky and a pain in the @ss to attach to my belt. Another issue with the Aliengear (AG) is the backing...it flexes too much and required me to point the barrel toward my body to reholster (as the holster slot would 'close up' some from the back side)...I hated this from a safety perspective. Now...mind you, the AG one I have is from many years ago...(probably around 8 years).

Last edited:

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I have a Vedder light tuck and a We The People IWB for my Sig 365 and Glock 19x. I like them both. I would also suggest the little arm (can't remember what it's called) that presses the holster in for less printing.

I'd also add that a good belt is key. Based on blaster's recommendation, I got a Nexbelt. Great quality and recommend also.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    What am I, 4th to say I have similar style holster in Alien Gear? Finding that I like an outside the owb for a flat single stack firearm. I'm thinking you can borrow mine with possibility of buying it off me...I'm not likely to wear it again...'cept I'm in the city and you are Easter Shore, so whatever. Ship it to you?

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    What am I, 4th to say I have similar style holster in Alien Gear? Finding that I like an outside the owb for a flat single stack firearm. I'm thinking you can borrow mine with possibility of buying it off me...I'm not likely to wear it again...'cept I'm in the city and you are Easter Shore, so whatever. Ship it to you?
    Is it for the same gun I have?

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    That massive thing in the OP is way too much holster. You will end up not wearing it because it's cumbersome.

If you like Vedder, the light tuck is nice. Mine disappears under a t shirt and I could forget I'm wearing it all day long. Super comfortable

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Yes! Claw attachment. It really helps on printing.
    I was so nervous carrying at first and now I don't even think about it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Still can't figure out new forum, but hat tip to csanc123 on "claw attachment".
    Some go so far as to recommend a "wedge" under the barrel portion of the holster, which pushes the grip deeper into the body, minimising printing. Case by case of course; everybody's body is different.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck modified to combat-cut. It is very comfy and hugs body nicely. You can save a few bucks by getting standard cut and cutting down to combat-cut yourself. (Pay the extra for horeshide, which is naturally sweat resistant.)

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    "Claw attachment"...such a simple thing but it's genius.

+1

Proper cant helps a lot to hide the grip.
    Proper cant plus claw attachment makes it disappear.

Still can't figure out new forum, but hat tip to csanc123 on "claw attachment".

FYI some manufacturers call it a 'wing' instead of a 'claw'.

There is one with interchangeable end pieces called a 'ModWing'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom