• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwalker3181

Aspiring Zombie Hunter
    Sep 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Trying to keep everyone in the loop on developments...

The City of Annapolis sent me a copy of our approved permit for August 1st (with a rain date of August 2nd).

The only condition was "Stay on sidewalks, use marked crossings."

So be good citizens and we will be fine. :D

-Boxcab

I'm from Baltimore I don't know what sidewalks are... J/K

Lostfantum

Ultimate Member
    Nov 27, 2007
    Middle River, Maryland
    Heck just walk like everyone else does........step out in front of moving cars and trucks without looking.........ignore the crosswalk.....look the opposite way you are walking.......stand in street trying to make up your mind where you are going.

jwalker3181

Aspiring Zombie Hunter
    Sep 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    Heck just walk like everyone else does........step out in front of moving cars and trucks without looking.........ignore the crosswalk.....look the opposite way you are walking.......stand in street trying to make up your mind where you are going.
    oh so you're familliar with Baltimore?...

alpo

Dec 12, 2008
    I am getting ready. I have printed 50 handouts so far. I will try and get some more done this week. { I am useing my bosses printer. Free ink}:innocent0
    I will be there and hope to have a few more with me.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    hey all, sorry i have been absent but we are in the middle of doing real estate stuff. unfortunately we are settling on our new house on the 31st of this month, which means the 1st is not going to bode well with meeting you on the first open holster event. i am keeping the sights on the next event.

i did download and print several of the flyers and i am handing them out to shooters at Continental Arms. so far, many of the folks who i have spoken with had no clue to the event, and said they'd be there. so, in my absence, i have contributed to the cause~no matter how lame my excuse is.

once we move into the house and get shop set up, i'll be here more frequently, and hopefully meeting some of ya. cheers! woody.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    personally, i own four handguns and intend to wear each holster for each gun. if i am at the event and someone wants to join in with the solidarity, i'll lend a few for the cause, if they don't have their own. cheers! woody.

Just my 2 cents but someone wearing four holsters says "crazy gun nut" to me" Not that that is a bad thing, but I would imagine it would put off people who are undecided on the issue. I would stick to wearing one, nice neat holster.
    I wouldn't want to show up to represent the cause and then represent in a poor way.

But what do I know.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    On the crazy gun guy comment. I think I need to find me a "normal" holster. The giant commie russian ones aren't gonna cut it.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Just my 2 cents but someone wearing four holsters says "crazy gun nut" to me" Not that that is a bad thing, but I would imagine it would put off people who are undecided on the issue. I would stick to wearing one, nice neat holster.
    I wouldn't want to show up to represent the cause and then represent in a poor way.

But what do I know.

yeah, i sorta figured that would present an issue with someone undecided. oh well, since i can't be there anyway, it's a non-issue. the next event i will be sporting my paddle. woody.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Personally in any protest, the FIRST IMPRESSION is the most important one when you want to bring an issue front and center. Lawmaker's will notice this, and the people (voters) who know nothing about why the holsters are empty will start to ask questions once it's brought to their attention. It would be great if what they see is a crowd of silent Law abiding protestors making a valid statement walking through the streets of Annapolis with their friends and families.

The point brought up by gruntz03 is definitely a valid one. If any of us does anything spectacular in the way of showing you believe these gun Laws need to be changed, it can and often does backfire. It can make everyone assoiated with the protest to be seen as aligned with someone who is looked upon as "over the top". So the public may only see that one person, and think we're all that way.

When we are trying to win an alliance with the rest of people of this State, we need to be responsible, clean dressed, well mannered, peaceful and well represented Citizens of Maryland. Anything else, and we look like a bunch of unorganized individuals who each have their own agenda. That will in itself be dangerous for the cause, which may lead to the loss of any backing we might have had.

Face it, we are in an uphill battel in the first place. We all just need to make our point, not magnify it. Without the understanding and backing of what we are doing by the public. Our State Government won't even listen. Get the Voters on our side, and all of the sudden our State Government Officials want to hear what we have to say.

Hopefully this is not seen as busting anyone's so called Chops! It's just something that I believed should be brought forth. Because this empty holster protest can either be the start, or the immediate finish of this whole gun rights idea depending on how the public reacts to it.

Remember. The Liberal Media is always watching, and they constantly look for any weakness in our march for our Second Amendment Rights as Americans, and Citizens of Maryland. So we can't give them anything negative to report.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The other thing to remember is that the press, if there is any, will seek out the weakest link....meaning anyone who is going to play to their stereotypes. I've seen it happen several times at the General Assembly.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've been kicking around the idea of wearing my MD permit in a badge holder I have around my neck. What if other people displayed their PA, FL, UT permits as well. Is that going a
    little too far?

I was talking to a patient the other day. He was complaining that the questionairre in our office asks about whether you have guns. He mentioned he was going to open holster day. I told him I'd be there as well. He was saying that nobody in MD has one, and that he'd never seen one. I showed him mine. He was speechless.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I've been kicking around the idea of wearing my MD permit in a badge holder I have around my neck. What if other people displayed their PA, FL, UT permits as well. Is that going a
    little too far?
    I cannot speak for Boxcab or others involved, but I suspect I am correct when I say that it is not going too far and perfectly fine.
    However, most people will have no clue what it is....but however, those who take time to ask about the holster and recieve literature or take the time to learn would be damn interested in it once you bring it to their attention. So I say it is a damn excellent idea. :thumbsup:

Speaking for myself, I suggest anyone with an out of state permit also wear theirs hanging from their neck or have it somehow accessible for those who ask questions and engage in dialogue.

I was talking to a patient the other day. He was complaining that the questionairre in our office asks about whether you have guns. He mentioned he was going to open holster day. I told him I'd be there as well. He was saying that nobody in MD has one, and that he'd never seen one. I showed him mine. He was speechless.
    :party29:

I have only seen maybe three or four so far (one just a week ago). They are truly rare.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I think I'll try to get in on this.

can we get a scanned copy of the permit incase we run into an uninformed officer?

anyoen want to meat up for lunch?

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I need to get a holster, where can I get a left handed one that will fit a 1911? and not break the bank?

I'm sure others will suggest their favorites, there's lots of threads on holster preference here. One thing that bears repeating is not to waste your money on something cheap. I bought some no name nylon holster when I got my M&P .40 and it's terrible. I think I paid 25 bucks and it's worth about 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom