• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    In theory I think open carry is the way to go. Carry what you want however you want and let the Maryland Karens get used to it. In actual practice though, I like to go through life attracting as little attention as possible and limiting my interactions with other humans as much as possible.
    Yes. SOMEBODY should be open carrying to condition the masses that seeing a holstered firearm is ok. I ain't gonna do it...but somebody should. :innocent0

Actually...I might from time to time. I think we have some members here who OC their competition gun and holster to and from matches. It seems to work :shrug:

I know I've gone to lunch with them afterwards at least once, and there were no panicky calls for SWAT. (:secret: it was in PA though)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    At least i had the courage to be explicit of what needs to be orchestrated in order for the sissy state to be desensitized of lawful wear and carrier's openly displaying their firearms.
    You deleted the original post….

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes. SOMEBODY should be open carrying to condition the masses that seeing a holstered firearm is ok. I ain't gonna do it...but somebody should. :innocent0

Actually...I might from time to time. I think we have some members here who OC their competition gun and holster to and from matches. It seems to work :shrug:

I know I've gone to lunch with them afterwards at least once, and there were no panicky calls for SWAT. (:secret: it was in PA though)

More than once.

And zero issues at the WaWa in Belair when we stopped for breakfast on the way up. Or the RoFo in White Marsh......

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I won’t lie.. I am biased against the idea of open carry when you can conceal carry. Don’t see the point unless you are doing an activity that open carry makes sense.

Good luck with the whole thing.

Find a way to make people register for it.

I would recommend writing up a waiver that lays out ground rules for the event and says you can boot anyone out for any reason.

Make sure everyone has their permits on them and they are legit.

Pick a reasonable area (not a shitty part of a town where crime is bad).

Have everyone wear the same T-shirt (get a custom one for the event made). This way you can differentiate between yourselves and some clown joining that might cause trouble.

Inform the local police at a minimum of what you’re doing, when, where, etc.

You should be fine and have a good time.
    Making people register?

Writing up a waiver?

Inform the local police?

Jesus, y'all have battered gun owner syndrome...

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    Making people register?

Writing up a waiver?

Inform the local police?

Jesus, y'all have battered gun owner syndrome...
    Nope, just don’t feel like seeing everyone in jail. Who would I have to talk to on here.

Remember you can be arrested and not charged with a crime. You end up sitting in jail for a few hours to days and have little to no recourse because the officer thought you were committing a crime and didn’t know any better.

I expect to see a lot of that down by the Baltimore DC area with people carrying.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Nope, just don’t feel like seeing everyone in jail. Who would I have to talk to on here.

Remember you can be arrested and not charged with a crime. You end up sitting in jail for a few hours to days and have little to no recourse because the officer thought you were committing a crime and didn’t know any better.

I expect to see a lot of that down by the Baltimore DC area with people carrying.

Arrested for what? What crime would be committed if you have a valid permit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They will find something.

Go on YouTube and search… open carry vs cops.
    BGOS. If it's legal then I'm not worried about it.
    Personally I would carry concealed anyway.

So you think people will suddenly be arrested in MD for open carrying legally? I'm sure that departments are already informing their officers about the change in permits. Besides, open carry with a permit has been legal in MD for years.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Perhaps I have a little more faith in the community. WE are not the right people to mess with. We are very civil rights oriented. Everything the cops do will be on video from multiple angles. Simply based on the fact we would all have permits sets a high bar for shenanigans, since we are among the most law abiding of citizens. Quit thinking like an oppressed man. Start thinking like a free man.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Perhaps I have a little more faith in the community. WE are not the right people to mess with. We are very civil rights oriented. Everything the cops do will be on video from multiple angles. Simply based on the fact we would all have permits sets a high bar for shenanigans, since we are among the most law abiding of citizens. Quit thinking like an oppressed man. Start thinking like a free man.

Exactly.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

Or they will be reacting to a panicked call from a Karen (or two or three) who said she (they) was (were) threatened by a bunch of guys brandishing their guns and threatening her. Complete lie on Karen's part, of course. And her friends will swear to it.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Or they will be reacting to a panicked call from a Karen (or two or three) who said she (they) was (were) threatened by a bunch of guys brandishing their guns and threatening her. Complete lie on Karen's part, of course. And her friends will swear to it.
    That's cool, they can show up and determine for themselves. Cops don't arrest people based on verbal accusations from a concerned caller.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Great. They they set themselves up for a false report charge because the ubiquitous video will show the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom