• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    In case anyone's hoping to do some last minute online shopping before October 1, I wanted to let you know that online dealers (for parts) are starting to add Maryland to the "We do not ship this item to these states" list.

I watched it go through with NY this spring, and it seemed like online retailers tried to wrap up sales 2-4 weeks before the ban was enacted there.

In our case it looks like they (as a whole) are looking at more of a 4-8 week window. I'm almost done preparing so it's not a huge deal for me, but I wanted to share this info with the rest of you.

RM

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    which retailer are you referring to?

I've got some 17 round mags backordered with Midway since January. I'm really hoping they get here before October.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    In case anyone's hoping to do some last minute online shopping before October 1, I wanted to let you know that online dealers (for parts) are starting to add Maryland to the "We do not ship this item to these states" list.

I watched it go through with NY this spring, and it seemed like online retailers tried to wrap up sales 2-4 weeks before the ban was enacted there.

In our case it looks like they (as a whole) are looking at more of a 4-8 week window. I'm almost done preparing so it's not a huge deal for me, but I wanted to share this info with the rest of you.

RM

I've seen it too, like with some sellers on Gunbroker. It's depressing to live in one of those few states "we do not ship to".

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Some retailers stopped selling to MD addresses late last winter

Pretty much old news, but you'd have to do a bunch of searching to see it ... "refuse" might be the best keyword to search

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Be willing to bet alot of those retailers quit selling to Maryland because they dont have the item in stock, and may not get it to the seller before Oct 1. Being the way the gun market is now, alot of shops are just taking backorders, and ship when the items goes in stock.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Not a long list of retailers....just saying.

I don't think anyone attempted to provide a list. I am bulking up on mags and some other items and their was a problem with one part of my purchase or another at the first four websites where I tried to make the purchase. Some got caught in the credit card process, others, I could read below the item, "Not able to ship to the following states....." and Maryland is on the list.

No, it's not an exhaustive problem yet, and I *did* successfully make my purchase on the fourth or fifth attempt, but my point was that the law hadn't even gone into effect yet and the dealers are operating with an abundance of caution.

The Maryland law is so poor, so broad, and so atrocious that just you guys wait, six months from now we are going to be "the online Illinois." You know, when you go to a website and click to buy something innocuous, and a huge red notification pops up that says THIS ITEM CANNOT SHIP TO ILLINOIS.

Yeah, that's us now. It just started quicker than I thought it would.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Some people have reported that if you talk the online retailer, and inform them of the actual law and dates, they will still ship.

Won't work with all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom