• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This topic started to pop up in another thread (I'm surprised it isn't more common). I used to be of the, "that's dumb, but it's your life...you do you" mindset. The more I think about it though, the less I like it.

While I don't expect any other HGPers to come to my rescue, if too many are carrying while unprepared to use it...well, that leads to fewer 2A voters and more guns on the street. That could affect me. I certainly don't want to be shot by a bad guy who took a gun off of a dying good guy, chambered it, and went about being bad with it.

Isn't keeping our guns out out the bad guy's hands part of our responsibility when carrying?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bad guys come in all flavors , including stupid ( see Baltimore PD confiscated gun photos with partially loaded guns , mismatched rusty ammo , etc ) . But they aren't delibertly carrying condition 3 out of safety concerns .

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I don’t understand not carrying with one in the chamber. most self defense shootings are quick, close and dirty. Your not going to have time, or the ability to rack the slide.
    If you attacker has control of one of your arms, your empty chambered handgun is all but useless.
    Another reason I don’t like small of the back (SOB)carry. Most fights go to the ground, if it’s you on your back trying to stop the guy from beating you, good luck getting to your handgun. If your on your back and you don’t have one in the chamber and your carrying SOB, well you got your hands full getting out of that situation

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I don’t understand not carrying with one in the chamber. most self defense shootings are quick, close and dirty. Your not going to have time, or the ability to rack the slide.
    If you attacker has control of one of your arms, your empty chambered handgun is all but useless.
    Another reason I don’t like small of the back (SOB)carry. Most fights go to the ground, if it’s you on your back trying to stop the guy from beating you, good luck getting to your handgun. If your on your back and you don’t have one in the chamber and your carrying SOB, well you got your hands full getting out of that situation
    Too much TV. Too much 'action' movies. Way too much.

Many people think they will have time to dally about while being invaded/attacked/etc. and have NO F'N clue how fast things can and do happen.

"I'm just gonna rack my pump shotgun and intimidate them, because, you know, I'll have plenty time to dick around...".

"I'm just gonna wait until I finally realize someone else has taken the initiative in attacking me to load my handgun, because, you know, NDs and all...".

Idiotic sh!t.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I carry a single shot pistol with loose rounds in my pocket.
    Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Mark Twain said his brother carried a "small sized Colt's revolver, and to guard against accidents, he carried it uncapped."

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If I'm on the ground with the dude on me, then I am no longer thinking gun. I am thinking jiu jitsu and knife.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    As for Mark Twain, he was....
    images.jpeg.jpg

a big a fan of JMB and Point Shooting as mentioned in his book, "Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn Go Pew-Pew-Pew"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom