On way back from obx. Any good C&R shops?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I'm still in NC on 158 coming back to MD.

Anyone have any usual stops along the way?

Looking for mostly C&R type stuff, but also PMAGS.

Let me know, thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    There are a few places on 158/168 that I've always wanted to stop... Trying to think and can't remember the names. All will be on the East side of the road though. Let me see if I can rustle up a few names.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Taking 301 up into MD is more of a scenic route if you want to avoid any NoVa traffic.
    I"ve never been there but Macodoc's place he just posted about Mosins, Big Dog is over the border I think.
    Should be some places to stop by around Fredericksburg.
    All Pawn is over the border up there off of 301. I have not gone there either so don't know what they have. You can also go by Keep Shooting in Waldorf after that. Probably some other options I"m sure.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Taking 301 up into MD is more of a scenic route if you want to avoid any NoVa traffic.
    I"ve never been there but Macodoc's place he just posted about Mosins, Big Dog is over the border I think.
    Should be some places to stop by around Fredericksburg.
    All Pawn is over the border up there off of 301. I have not gone there either so don't know what they have. You can also go by Keep Shooting in Waldorf after that. Probably some other options I"m sure.

Big Dog is on Hwy 301, about 8 miles south of the Gov. Harry Nice Bridge over the Potomac. It's at the intersection of 301 and VA state road 205. It will be on your left if you are headed north (next to a True Value store). I think it's the second traffic light that you come to after you cross the Rappahannock River bridge. They have lots of mags, many black guns and handguns, several shotguns, and a whole bunch of Mosins at the moment. They also have a few Sino-Soviet SKSs. It's a great store to visit. Lots of stuff!

Farther up 301, just as you are getting into Waldorf, All Pawn is on the left in a small strip mall. It'e kind of hard to see as you are driving north. I haven't been in there in awhile, but they did have a case of C&R handguns and several long guns the last time I went in.

P.S. - There's no toll for the 301 bridge if you head north. If you are coming out of MD, OweMalley hits you up for six freakin' bucks, unless you have EZ Pass. If you are going up to Balto. Co. it's a much more pleasant ride than taking 95--and usually faster, too. Go up 301 to Hwy 50, then head toward Annapolis, then take 97 north into Balto.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Just stopped in at Big Dog, great place!

A couple of P-38s in the case, but an impressive selection of shotguns, ammo etc. Picked up a few PMAGS for $15 each.

I'll definitely be back!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Big Dog is on Hwy 301, about 8 miles south of the Gov. Harry Nice Bridge over the Potomac. It's at the intersection of 301 and VA state road 205. It will be on your left if you are headed north (next to a True Value store). I think it's the second traffic light that you come to after you cross the Rappahannock River bridge. They have lots of mags, many black guns and handguns, several shotguns, and a whole bunch of Mosins at the moment. They also have a few Sino-Soviet SKSs. It's a great store to visit. Lots of stuff!

Farther up 301, just as you are getting into Waldorf, All Pawn is on the left in a small strip mall. It'e kind of hard to see as you are driving north. I haven't been in there in awhile, but they did have a case of C&R handguns and several long guns the last time I went in.

P.S. - There's no toll for the 301 bridge if you head north. If you are coming out of MD, OweMalley hits you up for six freakin' bucks, unless you have EZ Pass. If you are going up to Balto. Co. it's a much more pleasant ride than taking 95--and usually faster, too. Go up 301 to Hwy 50, then head toward Annapolis, then take 97 north into Balto.
    If you are going north on 301, keep going, it turns into 3 north of 50 and turns into 97 to Baltimore. Do not turn on 50 to Annapolis. Actually 301 follows 50 to the bay bridge/annapolis. Confused now?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    If you are going north on 301, keep going, it turns into 3 north of 50 and turns into 97 to Baltimore. Do not turn on 50 to Annapolis. Actually 301 follows 50 to the bay bridge/annapolis. Confused now?

My wife has driven that for years. She found that taking 50 over to 97 is faster and easier than going straight up 301/3 to 97. Less traffic and fewer stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom