• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    Ok, so I haven't had the honor of attending the get togethers, so how will I know who's who.

Me? I'll be the hefty guy with glasses wearing a green jacket driving a sickly, white Z24. If the folks I know are working, it will be like when Norm use to walk into Cheers. :lol2:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ok, so I haven't had the honor of attending the get togethers, so how will I know who's who.

Me? I'll be the hefty guy with glasses wearing a green jacket driving a sickly, white Z24. If the folks I know are working, it will be like when Norm use to walk into Cheers. :lol2:

Just look for the tallest sum' bitch in the room. I'll have my MDShooters shirt and an MSI hat on. Probably will have Spot77's kid in tow as he's the lucky drawing kid.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Good turn out tonight. There were definitely some very good deals to be had. The Ruger Vaquero at $300 was a screaming deal.....I resisted mightily :D

The give away gun tonight was a Ruger MkIII.

I put in 3 MDShooters t-shirts as door prizes and left about a dozen stickers on the table that were gone in about 10 minutes. I hope it brings in some more people.

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Like Norton said, really good night. It was great to finally meet both Spot77 and Norton. I too barely resisted the Ruger Vaquero bug. It was cool seeing Spot77's son getting center stage attention during the drawings. Definitely a polite, enjoyable group of Maryland "Gun Nuts". :thumbsup:

Hey Norton, I took your advice and decide to pickup 2 Bersa Thunder .380s. $219 for the two-tone (better than I can get online) how could I resist. The really cool thing was when they pulled them out, they just happen to be sequentially numbered. Worked out great, 1 for me as a birthday gift and 1 for my wife for Christmas. :D

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hey Norton, I took your advice and decide to pickup 2 Bersa Thunder .380s. $219 for the two-tone (better than I can get online) how could I resist. The really cool thing was when they pulled them out, they just happen to be sequentially numbered. Worked out great, 1 for me as a birthday gift and 1 for my wife for Christmas. :D

I never have problems spending other peoples' money for them :D

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Like Norton said, really good night. It was great to finally meet both Spot77 and Norton. I too barely resisted the Ruger Vaquero bug. It was cool seeing Spot77's son getting center stage attention during the drawings. Definitely a polite, enjoyable group of Maryland "Gun Nuts". :thumbsup:

That's a great price! Congrats!

I paid $214 for my Bersa at On Target back in 2003.

I hope they sold a ton of guns last night. I've bought at least a 1 gun and some accesories at the previous 2 members' sale(1911 2 years ago and a snubby .357 last year).

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    It was way too busy for me to stop by last night. It was busier than its been in months for some reason. I did get by the parking lot and it looked to be pretty busy. Do they have them once a year or more often?
    I did pick up an AR last night that I will be posting to another thread though, so it wasn't all bad last night.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I bought a P-22 last night there ...and it was kinda of cool to help out the shop ...

Dude....why didn't you come say, Hi? How could you have missed my big ol' self in there?

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Not to raise the dead or anything, but didn't want to just start a new thread.

I just had a chance to take pics of the Bersa Thunder 380s I got.

These little things are SWEET !!

One on the Left is the Wife's Christmas gift, the one on the Right is a late B-day gift for ME :D.

Attachments

• Thunder380.jpg
      Thunder380.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 94

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Ahhhhhh, the Bersa Thunder.

That was the very first gun I bought. Got it from On Target for $204 I think, plus tax and background check fee.

I can't recall a single malfunction with mine. The only thing I've noticed is now that I have a few thousand rounds through it, I can make the slide slam forward if I slam the magazine in real hard.

Of course I've seen other guns do this too, so it helps underscore the need to always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom