• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Shooting friends new (total 400 rounds downrange) .40 cal subcompact Storm, using the slide release there were many times it wouldn’t go into battery.

Removed the slide and noticed the dings to the slide.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2053.jpeg
      IMG_2053.jpeg
      288.9 KB · Views: 55
    • IMG_0283.jpeg
      IMG_0283.jpeg
      323.5 KB · Views: 55

Busa

Jul 22, 2012
    So. MD
    Shooting friends new (total 400 rounds downrange) .40 cal subcompact Storm, using the slide release there were many times it wouldn’t go into battery.

Removed the slide and noticed the dings to the slide.

Any ideas?
    The only thing I see wrong is it looks dry, no oil for 400 rounds? Suggest lubrication and try it at the range again, should take care of the issue.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It's hard to be certain from a single pic, but it looks like something has gouged the center of the slide badly, and to a lesser extent the upper (in the pic) rail.

I have used LE trade in firearms with a lot of wear and tear, and none look like that.

In this portion of the pic, is that a groove worn into the metal, or is it just worn finish/carbon build up? It looks like it's recessed into the surface but that may be a trick of the light.

20230901_051146.jpg

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    It's hard to be certain from a single pic, but it looks like something has gouged the center of the slide badly, and to a lesser extent the upper (in the pic) rail.

I have used LE trade in firearms with a lot of wear and tear, and none look like that.

In this portion of the pic, is that a groove worn into the metal, or is it just worn finish/carbon build up? It looks like it's recessed into the surface but that may be a trick of the light.

View attachment 429183

The upper rail, again something is dinging it..

I took a brush to it, not a groove, but something is rubbing against it. New picture of that area.

Unbelievable wear for a new firearm. I am going to recommend he take it back and show the armor.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpeg
      IMG_2054.jpeg
      189.5 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads