SouthOfBalto

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpeg
      IMG_0336.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 57

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I doubt it unless maybe on a preserve or hunting something else legally with a semi-auto. PA has some screwing regulations like only allowed to shoot coyotes during big game season while hunting big game unless you have a fur bearers license. Like the late flintlock season after Christmas, unless you have a fur bearers license, no coyote hunting, except you can shoot them with a flintlock if you're hunting deer with a flintlock stamp or bow. Turkey is considered big game so same applies, you can only shoot coyotes while turkey hunting. They just recently, and I'm not sure, allowed semi-auto shotguns for deer season.
    ALL wildlife is protected in PA and you need a hunting license to shoot anything, at least that's the way it used to be.
    You need to check what you're allowed to hunt with a semi-auto in PA. If you're hunting whatever and see a hog then shoot it.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Sightings in Bedford County, as would be expected the hunting preserves have them.

I was just curious, therefore the question.

Do you have links to these sightings ? My 200acres is in Bedford and I've never caught sight of any on my game cams. I would love to hunt a wild hog up there.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    The Everett area had been one area known to having wild hogs although it's probably been 10 years ago. On RT 30, there's a section before Bedford called the Bud Shuster By-way or something like that, there's a sawmill on the hill. I saw a group, they call them sounders, of about 10 on that hillside along the sawmill's fence. I also saw a small one dead along the road at the stop sign getting off RT 220 in Osterburg. No farms around close by.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Do you have links to these sightings ? My 200acres is in Bedford and I've never caught sight of any on my game cams. I would love to hunt a wild hog up there.
    Pa Game Commission Blog

“In Pennsylvania, sightings of feral swine have occurred over the past decade but remain rare; any breeding populations are small and likely limited to Bedford and Fulton counties. “

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mannybuzzard

Latest threads

Top Bottom