• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Sounds the same as most of the shitty cops. He probably got beat up alot in high school
    And to our police members. Sstop protecting bad cops. Put the heat on them and hold them accountable too. Thats the best way to repair relations with the public.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    A "constitutional carry" law that requires someone to potentially incriminate themselves......doesn't seem very constitutional

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A "constitutional carry" law that requires someone to potentially incriminate themselves......doesn't seem very constitutional
    ....that's why no gag order in any settlement. The case needs to be able to progress up and be used to make a few examples of the bad apples.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Only criminals are exempt from this law as it would be a 5th amendment violation. Yes, courts have ruled on this. Prohibited persons also cannot be prosecuted for possession of an unregistered firearm. They cannot be required to report possession of a firearm.
    Duty to Inform laws are BS. They give cops an automatic justification for killing an innocent person. "I thought he was reaching for the gun he just told me he has on him." Honest cops hate these laws. When I was in NC, I always got the Eye Roll when I complied with this silly law.

Oledirteh

MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2011
    Union Bridge md
    I've always wondered what i would do when pulled over when carrying. I often feel like out of respect id just let them know i am armed but then I feel why disclose it. Then again, my permits are right next to my identification so i suspect that will start the conversation. Have not been pulled over since i was like 20 so about 25 years ago so i guess one day the time will come.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I turned my permit upside down so that the yellow stripe on the top edge won't catch someone's eye when I open my wallet.
    Yeah, i was on NSA/Ft. Meade grounds getting truck searched and officer ask for ID, he was looking at my wallet and caught a small portion of my carry permit, he then ask me if i had "it" with me i told him no and he left it at that. He took my word for it.

FYI i did not have it as i left it at the office for my work there, i do give him credit for being observant

Oledirteh

MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2011
    Union Bridge md
    Yeah, i was on NSA/Ft. Meade grounds getting truck searched and officer ask for ID, he was looking at my wallet and caught a small portion of my carry permit, he then ask me if i had "it" with me i told him no and he left it at that. He took my word for it.

FYI i did not have it as i left it at the office for my work there, i do give him credit for being observant

i of course asked an agent if i could keep it in my truck and they said outside the fence yes. so more often than not i don't carry cause well, inside fence. sucks.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I turned my permit upside down so that the yellow stripe on the top edge won't catch someone's eye when I open my wallet.

Yeah, i was on NSA/Ft. Meade grounds getting truck searched and officer ask for ID, he was looking at my wallet and caught a small portion of my carry permit, he then ask me if i had "it" with me i told him no and he left it at that...

I strongly suspect that bright yellow line is not an accident. I suspect it was placed there intentionally to make your permit visible to whoever may be scrutinizing your wallet.

Turn your permit upside down so the yellow line doesn't show. That way you preserve your privacy and may inform or not inform at your own discretion.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I strongly suspect that bright yellow line is not an accident. I suspect it was placed there intentionally to make your permit visible to whoever may be scrutinizing your wallet.

Turn your permit upside down so the yellow line doesn't show. That way you preserve your privacy and may inform or not inform at your own discretion.
    Upside down license is the untaught part of "concealed" carry.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I get the part about turning you CC lic. a different way but i would have a hard time doing that with brain, it would feel so wrong. LOL

OCD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom