• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Had off work today so I kept up the oiling up of some of the rifles I had out last night . This one is a bring back with the soldiers name etched on the receiver . No sadly I don't have the paper work with this one . Last two pics are the underside of the chamber and receiver .

Attachments

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      42 KB · Views: 224
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      92.2 KB · Views: 220
    • 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      54.4 KB · Views: 220
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      55.9 KB · Views: 216
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 222
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 221

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Awesome looking early K98k rj1974. The Eagle/L on the stock means the rifle was accepted into Luftwaffe service if I remember correctly. Very desirable rifle. Is it matching?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Awesome looking early K98k rj1974. The Eagle/L on the stock means the rifle was accepted into Luftwaffe service if I remember correctly. Very desirable rifle. Is it matching?

Wow, that's interesting. This must be a rare one, I can't imagine the Luftwaffe used many rifles. What did they use them for?

Sweet K98, btw!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, that's interesting. This must be a rare one, I can't imagine the Luftwaffe used many rifles. What did they use them for?

Sweet K98, btw!

From what I've found from a small bit of research was that the Luftwaffe had their own ground troops. These included Paratroopers, a Panzer Division (yes, they had tanks) which was called Fallschrimjager PanzerKorps Herman Goring, Anti-Aircraft batteries, and the 19th and 20th Luftwaffe Field Divisions, which were Air Force infantry divisions.

BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Looks great! Just wondering, what type of oil, how do you apply it, and how often/for how many times do you apply before done?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    From what I've found from a small bit of research was that the Luftwaffe had their own ground troops. These included Paratroopers, a Panzer Division (yes, they had tanks) which was called Fallschrimjager PanzerKorps Herman Goring, Anti-Aircraft batteries, and the 19th and 20th Luftwaffe Field Divisions, which were Air Force infantry divisions.

Pretty cool to think that rifle may been in a Panzer. Man I wish guns could talk.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    wow, a bringback luftwaffe rifle!

that thing is actually quite valuable.

theres one going right now on GB nowhere near the condition of this one and its already up over $1500 with 3 days to go.

the story behind the politics of all the various german military organizations jockeying for access to rifle stocks is quite interesting in itself, and really adds context to the significance of markings like this.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA

More information on Luftwaffe Field Divisions here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftwaffe_Field_Division

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom