• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Interesting!

Heres a snippet which offers an excellent insight to just how things work with the DemonRats here CONUS, the DNC at present being the single largest criminal enterprise on the American continent:

The president and ministers often give guns to members of the elite, while making it hard for ordinary people to obtain them. It is estimated that more than 50,000 guns have been issued as presents from authorities.”

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    In 1999 you could buy an AK, two 30-round mags and 100 rounds of 7.62x39 at Privoz Market in Odessa for 1000 Hryvnia ($150 USD). AK looked almost new. Totally illegal, of course, but it wasn't considered unusual.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    In 1999 you could buy an AK, two 30-round mags and 100 rounds of 7.62x39 at Privoz Market in Odessa for 1000 Hryvnia ($150 USD). AK looked almost new. Totally illegal, of course, but it wasn't considered unusual.
    how many did you get???

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well we all saw the ukies handing out weapons en masse to its civilians to help fight the ruskies. while i agree the usa is way, way less likely to have another country try to take it over (thank heavens for our geographical separation), it's not zero risk and an excellent, timely and apt reminder why our 2a is so sacrosanct.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Also look at The Czech Republic

I‘m not sure why people here hold up the Czech Republic as being so good. Sure, compared to the rest of the EU, it is easy to obtain a license, but it still isn’t guaranteed. They have a lot the of “common sense” regulations being tossed around in Congress. Stupid requirements like having to get your doctor to sign off on getting a gun.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When I was in the Soviet Union as a high school student in 1988, the black market was thriving. They wanted jeans, walkmen, blank cassettes, all kinds of western goods. They offered lacquer boxes, rabbit hats, military uniforms etc. I asked one guy if he could get me an AK-47 (i was kidding). He said "I can get this". Yikes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Our very own GCA 1968 was written by former senator Tom Dodd of CT, who survived various censure votes from the senate over corruption charges and failure to vote; he missed something like 28% of all the votes during his time in office, double the average.

He based the bill on the Weimar Republic and Nazi firearm legislation. The similarities are remarkable.

Heil Dodd!

BTW, the above info is not routinely available; you have to dig for it.

I strongly recommend reading Stephen Halbrook's book, Gun Control In the Third Reich. It's the first book to take a historical look at this issue; amazingly, no one bothered with the subject until Halbrook tackled it. Published in 2014.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    When I was in the Soviet Union as a high school student in 1988, the black market was thriving. They wanted jeans, walkmen, blank cassettes, all kinds of western goods. They offered lacquer boxes, rabbit hats, military uniforms etc. I asked one guy if he could get me an AK-47 (i was kidding). He said "I can get this". Yikes.
    It's true. Chunky peanut butter, American cigarettes and disposable diapers were as good as cash back then. Could've used any of them to trade for an AK.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's true. Chunky peanut butter, American cigarettes and disposable diapers were as good as cash back then. Could've used any of them to trade for an AK.
    Getting it home would be the tricky part.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Getting it home would be the tricky part.

Exactly, Bob. Foreign workers got a lot of unwanted extra-attention from Ukrainian Customs, anyway, whenever we either crossed a border or landed at an airport. They'd rummage thru our bags; notice something we were trying to bring back as a 'souvenir' and then demand a cash payment. If you refused, they'd just confiscate your shit. Most of the time, the price was $20 and I just paid them. WTF. That was the cost of doing business in Ukraine during the late 90's. Ultimately, that same kinda nonsense caused a lot of Western companies to withdraw their business interests in Ukraine. Rampant, unabashed corruption at all levels of the government was a running joke. I was a subcontractor for a company that built cell towers and I worked on a surveying crew. They pulled-out (ran) after two years of paying-off Ukrainian government officials just to grant us access to the sites we were supposed to survey. Otherwise, it was a lot of fun. My crew was based in Odessa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom