• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have a question. Oc has a town ordinance prohibiting the discharge of a firearm, but the town follow maryland carry laws.
    I have not seen in their ordinance any exceptions for self defense, (also haven seen any exception for police officers)
    my question is, god forbid someone has to draw and fire their legally carried firearm, would that person still be arrested for violating the ordinance even though they where justified in shooting their firearm?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I have a question. Oc has a town ordinance prohibiting the discharge of a firearm, but the town follow maryland carry laws.
    I have not seen in their ordinance any exceptions for self defense, (also haven seen any exception for police officers)
    my question is, god forbid someone has to draw and fire their legally carried firearm, would that person still be arrested for violating the ordinance even though they where justified in shooting their firearm?
    When your in town Go alk to the Mayor, own council or solicitor mayb?
    They could maybe help you find answer.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Curious. If you think OC is shitty, why do you care about what goes on there?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Curious. If you think OC is shitty, why do you care about what goes on there?
    Look around town, the place have gone down hill very fast in the past 10 years, crime and drugs out of control, prices have quadrupled in the past 4 years you can not kick a beachball with out it going in a place that sells alcohol, trash blowing all over the boardwalk, You like these things?

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Look around town, the place have gone down hill very fast in the past 10 years, crime and drugs out of control, prices have quadrupled in the past 4 years you can not kick a beachball with out it going in a place that sells alcohol, trash blowing all over the boardwalk, You like these things?
    How can a place go down hill and have prices quadruple? I currently live in OC and I don't see what you see. There are isolated issues during certain times in-season or during events but that's about it.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    How can a place go down hill and have prices quadruple? I currently live in OC and I don't see what you see. There are isolated issues during certain times in-season or during events but that's about it.
    Because the thugs and kids have disposable income, they are there selling their drugs causing trouble and getting high, they could not care any less about the beach or ocean. They are driving families away.

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Because the thugs and kids have disposable income, they are there selling their drugs causing trouble and getting high, they could not care any less about the beach or ocean. They are driving families away.

No, they’re not. I live here too with a family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    No, they’re not. I live here too with a family.

There was just someone burned in their car at the community center back in June there was a mass stabbing on the boardwalk close to the cork bar, hundreds of car break in last summer, people getting arrested with drugs and illegal weapons all the time, fights happening several times a day, several reports of gun shots last month, this is just a few. The list can go on for days. the one thing I will give you is that it isn’t quite as bad during the winter but from late spring to late fall it is close to Baltimore in crime.

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    There was just someone burned in their car at the community center back in June there was a mass stabbing on the boardwalk close to the cork bar, hundreds of car break in last summer, people getting arrested with drugs and illegal weapons all the time, fights happening several times a day, several reports of gun shots last month, this is just a few. The list can go on for days. the one thing I will give you is that it isn’t quite as bad during the winter but from late spring to late fall it is close to Baltimore in crime.

Yea, it’s called a destination. When the trash from across the bridge visit, they bring the behavior with them. And uh, is there a place in Maryland on the western shore this *isn’t* happening?

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Ocean City is not just the boardwalk or even the area between Rt 50 and 40th St. I’ve been to central and north OC several times and will attest, it is a far cry from Baltimore, even in the middle of August.
    Currently looking to buy a condo there for year round use.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I know I do. Half my family lives in West OC. I stay for free and we go to Assateague for the beach and the in-laws for the pool. They have some really good restaurants like Liquid Assets, Grove Market and others. If you only ever went to the boardwalk maybe I can see your dislike but if we do go OC ocean we go to 38th street for the beach front drink service. Do you not like alcohol?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

Don't forget Sinepuxent Brewing Company, kids love to feed the goats and chickens while I drink a cold one.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Doesn't matter who you are or where your at if you shoot someone with your legally carried firearm you WILL BE ARRESTED
    Nowadays you get arrested pointing your finger and thumb in the shape of a gun at someone.

I had to get my finger FQL in order to exercise my right to use my God given ones though.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    With the rise in prices will come the reduction of the riff raff that has bee plaguing OC in the past number of years. The work they did to make H20 folks go away was commendable. OC is like a county fair, you will see all kinds of folks there. I have been in traffic court in Worcester county and heard the Judge talk, its a Red County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom