Ocean Pines Police Chief (Previously placed on Admin Leave) announces retirement 06/07/2023

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Ocean Pines Association General Manager John Viola released the following statement Tuesday afternoon:

“Chief Leo Ehrisman gave notice of his retirement today. We thank him for his years of service to Ocean Pines and wish him well. A search to find his replacement is commencing immediately.”

Ehrisman was placed on leave back in January following a burglary investigation. He was still on leave as of Tuesday when he announced his retirement.

Woops!

We’re told the Ocean Pines Association’s General Manager learned on Friday of a burglary that occurred at a storage shed used by the Ocean Pines Police Department on December 17th. After consulting with the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office and the Office of the State’s Attorney, the Ocean Pines Association has “taken steps to ensure that a thorough and independent investigation is conducted and that police services to the residents of Ocean Pines remain uninterrupted.”

As of January 1, Ocean Pines Police Chief Ehrisman has been placed on paid administrative leave, and officials say a commander from the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office will provide on-site leadership to the Ocean Pines Police Department and will oversee a complete audit and inventory of the contents of the storage shed and property room.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    New guy...

I don't think the "Pines" HOA will like him. He works his a$$ off and requires the same from his people. All those old farts will be getting DUI's and speeding tickets in three, two....

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I don't think the "Pines" HOA will like him. He works his a$$ off and requires the same from his people. All those old farts will be getting DUI's and speeding tickets in three, two....
    ^^^This.

Actually, I'm stunned Ocean Pines has a police department. The locals definitely aren't going to want aggressive traffic enforcement. They just want someone to complain to when kids egg their dilapidated vacation property or fight between geriatrics breaks out on the shuffle board court.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    ^^^This.

Actually, I'm stunned Ocean Pines has a police department. The locals definitely aren't going to want aggressive traffic enforcement. They just want someone to complain to when kids egg their dilapidated vacation property or fight between geriatrics breaks out on the shuffle board court.
    So, you don’t know about the Meth cookers and dealers there?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Until I heard about this, I had no idea there was a chief, just a vehicle parked at Cathel and the parkway waiting for someone to violate the 25mph speed limit on Cathel.

what was taken from the storage shed?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have known that Ocean Pines has had a PD dept for at least the past 20yrs. My brother used to live in North Ocean City up around 130th and every once in a while when I would travel to OC along Rt 90 and once in awhile I would see them running radar..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom