Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

I question this part:

A surveillance team tailed Martin to the “Oaks Extravaganza” gun show at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center on Feb. 13, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Queens District Attorney’s office.

Why would they tail a volunteer fire chief out of LI all the way to Oaks, PA? They wouldn't unless they already knew he was intending to do something illegal.

I have doubts he was part of some illegal firearms ring. If he was, I think he would have bought more than that.

I think its more likely they were locating vehicles in the park with NY plates and tailing the occupants to see what they bought.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I question this part:

Why would they tail a volunteer fire chief out of LI all the way to Oaks, PA? They wouldn't unless they already knew he was intending to do something illegal.

I have doubts he was part of some illegal firearms ring. If he was, I think he would have bought more than that.

I think its more likely they were locating vehicles in the park with NY plates and tailing the occupants to see what they bought.
    He probably told someone what he was going to do or texted it, I don’t know. Maybe a police informant asked him to get him an 80%?

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Wifey and i went for several years 2013-2017. Lots of vendors quantity over quality. Used to be some hidden gems to be found, but overall it had just gone down hill and was not worth the drive anymore.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Most of the Oaks' shows are 1,000 table affairs, which isn't worth my effort due to the time and mileage. A few of the shows, however, run from 1,500 to 2,000 tables, which is enough to draw me in. IIRC, the bigger shows are the February/March show, Guntoberfest in October, and something around Christmas/New Year's. The Eagle Arm website has details, and a coupon for one dollar off the price of admission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom