• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I hope people sue and get some 1983 fees. That will get some attention.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Don't know if still true, but JHP are voodoo in Jersey. Do not get caught there with them even in the vehicle, much less in the gun. At least that is how it used to be.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    It was years ago now, nearly 13 if memory serves, but I was on my way to a shoot in eastern PA. I took the wrong exit or something and was within shouting distance of the river and NJ.

I was 100% willing to hop the median and eat whatever traffic violations to avoid crossing into NJ with multiple firearms and "all of that" ammo.

NJ is awful. 2/10, would not bang.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Don't know if still true, but JHP are voodoo in Jersey. Do not get caught there with them even in the vehicle, much less in the gun. At least that is how it used to be.
    The easy answer…

Federal Guard Dog ammunition…
    Hornady Critical Defense ammunition…

Both are accepted by NJSP as non HP rounds. And both perform as well as if not better than some HP rounds.

That said… PHUKKKKKK NEW JERSEY…
    I don’t need to pass through that garbage dump to travel north.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The easy answer…

Federal Guard Dog ammunition…
    Hornady Critical Defense ammunition…

Both are accepted by NJSP as non HP rounds. And both perform as well as if not better than some HP rounds.

That said… PHUKKKKKK NEW JERSEY…
    I don’t need to pass through that garbage dump to travel north.
    Add CorBon PowerBall to the list of NJ approved.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It was years ago now, nearly 13 if memory serves, but I was on my way to a shoot in eastern PA. I took the wrong exit or something and was within shouting distance of the river and NJ.

I was 100% willing to hop the median and eat whatever traffic violations to avoid crossing into NJ with multiple firearms and "all of that" ammo.

I think I must have taken the sane exit on my way to Langhorne for a shoot.

Had to talk myself through it to rationalize that as long as I didn't do anything wrong all I had to do was to turn around and go back thevothet way an no one would be the wiser.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I think I must have taken the sane exit on my way to Langhorne for a shoot.

Had to talk myself through it to rationalize that as long as I didn't do anything wrong all I had to do was to turn around and go back thevothet way an no one would be the wiser.

It absolutely was Langhorne. I forgot the name of the place. It was for one of the zombie shoots they held back then.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

We are of the same mindset.

Family members and I carried in PA on Utah non-resident permits (back when PA honored them) while servicing our retail stores in and around Philly. To service our Cherry Hill, NJ store, we disarmed before crossing the river. I told the kids that if they were half way across a bridge from PA into NJ when they discovered they were still packing heat, just stop right there on the bridge. Don't go into NJ. Take a ticket from the police, have them tow the car, whatever, just refuse to cross into NJ.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    THIS is an interesting "Commentary" in the Sun. Possible direction of future restriction law next session?

Open and public carry can solve Maryland’s gun control problem | GUEST COMMENTARY
    Maybe. But I think seeing guns will give too many legislators and their constituents a heart attack. They just don't want guns, and having them "waved in their face" by being open I don't think will help. I would hope that they realize that for the most part, being forced to open carry is not likely to restrict carry very much. Unless they go NY and try to ban carry EVERYWHERE and require you to only carry openly.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not sure if you were taking about me, but if you were, none of those apply to me and my Wife beyond the training.

I don't approve of those laws. We just want to carry when possible on our travels. When we get NJ were good in 44 States.
    Are hollow points still illegal in NJ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom