• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That looks officially official, mind if I steal it?
    Sure. I attached the PDF documents if you want to make personal touches:

Attachments

• New Jersey State Police Qualification Sheet.pdf
      541.1 KB · Views: 390
    • New Jersey State Police Handgun Ownership Form.pdf
      327.6 KB · Views: 101

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Glad to help fellas. Remember they are not official, but I think they will suffice based on what I have read.

Now I just need to find an NRA Instructor to qualify me and my wife.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Here’s an interesting development:

You may or may not be following the story of the 60-something bodega worker in NYC. Woman comes in to buy something, debit card denied. She argues with him, pulls a knife and makes a stab at him before storming out. Her boyfriend, a serial criminal out on the streets as usual, comes in and starts roughing the guy up.

Bodega worker manages to get to a knife, and uses it to defend himself. Assaulting thug dies of knife wound. Happy ending, right? No. The Manhattan DA who lets guys like the thug loose on no bond locks the bodega worker up in Rikers with a sky-high bail offer, and charges him with murder. It’s all on video. Obvious self defense.

There is great uproar over the DA’s hypocrisy, and now the large association of bodega owners is looking for help. Guess where they went. The NRA.

This will be interesting to watch.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Glad to help fellas. Remember they are not official, but I think they will suffice based on what I have read.

Now I just need to find an NRA Instructor to qualify me and my wife.

Take a drive out to the NRA headquarters one day and go use the range. Bet you’ll find a couple willing to sign off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Here’s an interesting development:

You may or may not be following the story of the 60-something bodega worker in NYC. Woman comes in to buy something, debit card denied. She argues with him, pulls a knife and makes a stab at him before storming out. Her boyfriend, a serial criminal out on the streets as usual, comes in and starts roughing the guy up.

Bodega worker manages to get to a knife, and uses it to defend himself. Assaulting thug dies of knife wound. Happy ending, right? No. The Manhattan DA who lets guys like the thug loose on no bond locks the bodega worker up in Rikers with a sky-high bail offer, and charges him with murder. It’s all on video. Obvious self defense.

There is great uproar over the DA’s hypocrisy, and now the large association of bodega owners is looking for help. Guess where they went. The NRA.

This will be interesting to watch.
    It’s probably to send a message to the would-be CCW holders that “self defense will not be tolerated.” Hopefully it has the opposite effect and causes a few more people to get their CCW.

I hate NYC and everything about it (people are rude, it’s crowded, it’s expensive, it’s dirty, it’s dangerous), but letting a true criminal roam free and jailing a person for defending himself is just unconscionable. How come the shopkeep didn’t get no cash bail?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Are you sure you want to submit to NJ law?

NJ tightens its gun control rules with 7 new laws, and more to come

...The bills signed into law will do the following:
    1. Empower the Attorney General to sue for public nuisance violations related to the sale or marketing of firearms.
    2. Require firearm owners who move to New Jersey to register their guns and obtain a firearm purchaser ID card
    3. Upgrade certain crimes related to manufacturing firearms from third degree to second degree.
    4. Ban certain .50 caliber rifles.
    5. Require electronic record keeping of ammunition sales.
    6. Require training to obtain a firearms purchaser ID card and gun permit.
    7. Require firearm retailers to sell microstamping-enabled firearms once the technology is available.
    Acting Attorney General Matt Platkin said the new laws will give his office the tools to “finally hold accountable those who are profiting off of this bloodshed. I want to be clear to everyone, we’re going to use it and I can’t wait to use it.”

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Not sure if you were taking about me, but if you were, none of those apply to me and my Wife beyond the training.

I don't approve of those laws. We just want to carry when possible on our travels. When we get NJ were good in 44 States.
    I was referring to anyone brave (or foolhardy) enough to try to carry in NJ. I have a good friend in Paramus who has become a complete FUDD due to BGOS. He is absolutely terrified of breaking any law, and refuses to contribute to any state 2A organization because "they haven't done much so far". That is the mindset you'll encounter in the state.

That's also the state in which the local police engaged in a shootout with the state (or County) police ON A FREEWAY MEDIAN because of a jurisdictional d**k measuring contest over a traffic stop a couple of years ago. Nobody was disciplined or prosecuted. It's a true police state by any measure.

ETA: You'd be better served for reciprocity by getting Utah or Florida or pretty much anywhere else that doesn't drop revenue to wannabe tyrants.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was referring to anyone brave (or foolhardy) enough to try to carry in NJ. I have a good friend in Paramus who has become a complete FUDD due to BGOS. He is absolutely terrified of breaking any law, and refuses to contribute to any state 2A organization because "they haven't done much so far". That is the mindset you'll encounter in the state.

That's also the state in which the local police engaged in a shootout with the state (or County) police ON A FREEWAY MEDIAN because of a jurisdictional d**k measuring contest over a traffic stop a couple of years ago. Nobody was disciplined or prosecuted. It's a true police state by any measure.

ETA: You'd be better served for reciprocity by getting Utah or Florida or pretty much anywhere else that doesn't drop revenue to wannabe tyrants.
    I will carry in NJ once I have a permit. I'm not frightened by L.E. interaction. I know when to shut up so I don't make my lawyers job difficult. I'm sorta desensitized to gun laws and law enforcement due to being in the industry for as long as I have.

I have several permits to include MD, D.C., NH, ME, CT, PA, UT, FL, RI, and MA which is still "in process", but I'll get it. It's not been cheap to get all of those but we travel often, so we carry where/when possible. My families life is worth every penny.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    It’s probably to send a message to the would-be CCW holders that “self defense will not be tolerated.” Hopefully it has the opposite effect and causes a few more people to get their CCW.

I hate NYC and everything about it (people are rude, it’s crowded, it’s expensive, it’s dirty, it’s dangerous), but letting a true criminal roam free and jailing a person for defending himself is just unconscionable. How come the shopkeep didn’t get no cash bail?
    This is exactly what I thought when I first heard the man was charged with murder.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Why would you be surprised? Roughly 6 years from caetano to legislation and sale of tasers… in Hawaii. the resistance. how does one legally get to punish government? They’d throw me in jail if I disregarded a scotus ruling.

wow... really?

no. just no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom