• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    All you need is a NRA certified instructor to give you your qualification shooting for each firearm you wish to carry.

I Have four firearms I switch between, so had to qualify for each one.
    What is the course of fire? I am also looking into getting a NJ permit.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    What is the course of fire? I am also looking into getting a NJ permit.

NJ
    – No holster needed
    – All shooting from the ready position
    – 50 rounds per firearm
    – FBI Q target
    – 24 rounds at 7 yards
    – 14 rounds at 10 yards
    – 6 rounds at 15 yards
    – 6 rounds at 25 yards
    For a total of 50 rounds. Must hit at least 40 rounds out of 50 (80%)

MD

But calling your spouse? What is someone supposed to do if if their spouse has become a raging anti over the years? And someone saying "divorce" probably hasn't checked the price tag on that lately.
    Or exwife/exspouse. If you don't have a current spouse they want the info from one in the last 5 years. No way in hell I'm giving them my ex wife's info. Don't even have her contact info anymore. That compulsive liar of a cu*t will make shit up about me every chance she gets. I will sue MSP if they deny me or do not accept my application for not giving them her info.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    THIS is an interesting "Commentary" in the Sun. Possible direction of future restriction law next session?

Open and public carry can solve Maryland’s gun control problem | GUEST COMMENTARY

After New York State’s “proper cause” standard for carrying a firearm outside the home was struck down as unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan on Tuesday directed the State Police to stop using the “good and substantial reason” standard in deciding whether citizens could carry a gun.

Governor Hogan’s decision, supported by the state’s Attorney General’s Office, may make it easier for citizens to carry a gun, however, it should not make it easier for citizens to carry concealed guns. In order to regulate guns, Maryland must show that the regulation “is consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation,” Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in the majority opinion that struck down the New York restrictions. And the history of firearms regulation in this country shows that the states were no more receptive to allowing their citizens to carry concealed weapons in the early 19th century than New York and Maryland are today...

...Certainly, citizens who want to carry firearms would prefer to carry them concealed from view. However, the historical tradition shows that states can regulate concealed weapons. In addition, the Supreme Court said that, while citizens must be allowed to carry weapons publicly, “the manner of public carry was open to reasonable regulation.”

Obviously, it is not ideal to have citizens carrying weapons while walking about a crowded city. However, requiring those citizens who want to carry weapons to display them openly and obviously will, at least, give fair warning to others about who is armed in their vicinity.

Edward J. Curtis Jr. (ejcjlaw@gmail.com) is an attorney and the author of “Of Arms and the Militia: Gun Regulation by Defining ‘Ordinary Military Equipment’” in the Touro Law Review and podcast.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    NJ
    – No holster needed
    – All shooting from the ready position
    – 50 rounds per firearm
    – FBI Q target
    – 24 rounds at 7 yards
    – 14 rounds at 10 yards
    – 6 rounds at 15 yards
    – 6 rounds at 25 yards
    For a total of 50 rounds. Must hit at least 40 rounds out of 50 (80%)

MD
    Thanks. Is there a form to score the course we can download or just make one yourself?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    LMAO ... "Usually, though, 19th-century judges and lawyers thought that the right to keep and bear arms referred to military arms."

... bring on constitutional open carry of ARs in Baltimore City.

Being able to install a crew-served weapon behind the sliding door may be the one thing that could make me buy a minivan.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks. Is there a form to score the course we can download or just make one yourself?
    I made one. Not sure if they will accept it:
    NJ QUAL SHEET.JPG

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Being able to install a crew-served weapon behind the sliding door may be the one thing that could make me buy a minivan.
    Curtis argued for open carry so you'd need to mount it in a pickup or on the roof.

I'd probably go for the F350, it has a good suspension and tow rating so that I could mount it in the bed and still tow the trailer with my 4 dirt bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom