• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    That will be the last part to remain , after all the other Refrences , neighbors , and Employers have gone away .

Call me harsh , but I can't comprehend an anti-gun / anti- hunting spouse problem . The issue would have been resolved at the anti-gun girlfriend level . Not a joke , that's a sign of major systemic incompatibility right there .
    She wasn't anti back then. A steady diet of leftist social media, combined with a tendency for confirmation bias, changed her.

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    That will be the last part to remain , after all the other Refrences , neighbors , and Employers have gone away .

Call me harsh , but I can't comprehend an anti-gun / anti- hunting spouse problem . The issue would have been resolved at the anti-gun girlfriend level . Not a joke , that's a sign of major systemic incompatibility right there .
    Times change. Relationships change. Politics change. That you believe that suggests you are lucky or naive. Or maybe smart enough to recognize red flags early. Some folks have to deal with power struggles in relationships. Actually, now-a-days I think that is more the rule than the exception. There are hard times and disagreements. Should rights be dependent on if your marriage is in a good place at the moment?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I thought this was funny.
    ZomboMeme 06072022100904.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    my issue with calling employers is not that they will but why would I need to put it on. As well as references? Eff them.

saw something along these lines with women and abortion my body my right then the next pic of them getting jabbed and wearing a mask.
    I would happily be a reference for you.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    NY is already pussyfooting and will slow roll...excuses range from not enough manpower to blah blah blah. I feel same shit will happen here in MD.

"
    We’re in a holding pattern,” state courts spokesman Lucian Chalfen said.

Nothing has changed operationally.”

The state police, who oversee the state’s gun licensing process that’s handled on the local level largely by counties, said after the ruling that, for now, “the application process to obtain a license or permit to carry a firearm in New York State is unchanged.”

The Supreme Court’s ruling only applies to the permit process. It does not give a citizen the right to bear arms without a permit or grant permission to ignore the restrictions of existing permits. Someone who carries a loaded handgun in public without any permit still faces a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
    "

Note the BS about "doesn't give the citizens the right to bear arms"...whomever wrote that article didn't read the SCOTUS ruling...nor have they read the constitution.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Not that I want them to, as it should not be part of the process, but when I get my training and submit my app, I’d love to hear the call with my direct supervisor, if that happens. He is as Pro-2A as possible. I know he will answer respectfully, but turn the questions back on them. I’m sure at some point of the interview they will get tired of being on with him and just finish as quickly as possible.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    BEWARE! This was the lead story in the daily Maryland Matters Memo email:

Concealed carry standard lifted

Gov. Lawrence J. Hogan Jr.’s decision Tuesday to lift restrictions on carrying concealed weapons in Maryland in the wake of a recent U.S. Supreme Court opinion left policymakers scrambling and created another potentially divisive political issue with Marylanders already voting in party primaries.

One day after a mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade in a Chicago suburb, Hogan (R) directed the Maryland State Police to suspend what’s known as the “good and substantial reason” standard for carrying concealed weapons. It means Maryland gun owners no longer have to offer a justification for carrying concealed firearms.

The Supreme Court struck down a New York law that made it illegal to carry a firearm in public without showing a special need for protection — effectively throwing out a similar Maryland statute.

“It would be unconstitutional to continue enforcing this provision in state law,” Hogan asserted Tuesday. The governor said his decision “is in line with actions taken in other states in response to the recent ruling.”

But New York moved swiftly to mitigate the court’s decision, expanding permit requirements and restricting weapons in sensitive locations, among other actions.

Senate President Bill Ferguson (D-Baltimore City) promised Tuesday that the General Assembly would enact similar legislation during its next session, which is scheduled for January. House Speaker Adrienne A. Jones (D-Baltimore County) said House members “between now and January…will look at every option to curb the proliferation of guns on the streets.”

Between this recent Supreme Court decision on gun possession and another striking down the federal Roe v. Wade abortion rights law — along with ongoing calls to address high gasoline prices — pressure may be mounting on the legislature to go into special session sometime after the July 19 primary election.

Read more at MarylandMatters.org.
    Looks like the State Gun Grabber Lobby is following NY's lead. Buckle up and expect turbulence. And VOTE THE BASTIDS OUT in the Primaries.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    BEWARE! This was the lead story in the daily Maryland Matters Memo email:

Looks like the State Gun Grabber Lobby is following NY's lead. Buckle up and expect turbulence. And VOTE THE BASTIDS OUT in the Primaries.
    F them . They are violating the US Constitution, so is any police officer enforcing unconstitutional laws.

They are going to try and scare you from exercising your rights to bear arms, that is their objective in states like yours and NY. Its criminal.

The only way this stops is when the citizens of those states just disregard whatever the “leadership” decrees.

Like if DeSantis came out tomorrow and said “ok we are going to NY Style Carry Laws” here in FL……not one person would take it seriously.

Cats outta the bag in 90% of the United States with conceal carry, it is a thing. The blue states will be dragged kicking and screaming

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Gov. Hogan orders suspension of 'Good and Substantial Reason' for gun permits

This is the money shot, composed of utter BS as expected:
    ...Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott and Police Commissioner Michael Harrison released a joint statement saying they were disappointed with the governor's decision.

"Gun violence is on the rise across the country and making it easier for people struggling with mental illness, addiction, and alcoholism to carry guns on our streets cannot be the solution. We are focused on addressing the gun violence plaguing our communities, but this decision makes it harder for us to do our jobs. We will work closely with the Maryland General Assembly to reestablish tougher gun laws across our state," they said.
    bsmeter1.jpg

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Hawaii delayed roughly 6 years from caetano to stun guns. 2016-2022

the permit case will probably meet more resistance. Imho. Bless those fighting these cases, and those funding them.

NY is already pussyfooting and will slow roll...excuses range from not enough manpower to blah blah blah. I feel same shit will happen here in MD.

"
    We’re in a holding pattern,” state courts spokesman Lucian Chalfen said.

Nothing has changed operationally.”

The state police, who oversee the state’s gun licensing process that’s handled on the local level largely by counties, said after the ruling that, for now, “the application process to obtain a license or permit to carry a firearm in New York State is unchanged.”

The Supreme Court’s ruling only applies to the permit process. It does not give a citizen the right to bear arms without a permit or grant permission to ignore the restrictions of existing permits. Someone who carries a loaded handgun in public without any permit still faces a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
    "

Note the BS about "doesn't give the citizens the right to bear arms"...whomever wrote that article didn't read the SCOTUS ruling...nor have they read the constitution.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don't feed the troll. I'm beginning to think he has two accounts that share MANY characteristics and traits: I "Ignored" both.
    The troll bitches about Maryland and how we "bow down" to the state, instead of standing up to it. He ran, moved to a "free" state because he didn't want to fight.
    I've told him several times how to put skin in the game up here, all we get is more hot air.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The troll bitches about Maryland and how we "bow down" to the state, instead of standing up to it. He ran, moved to a "free" state because he didn't want to fight.
    I've told him several times how to put skin in the game up here, all we get is more hot air.
    He was my first (and possibly second) "Ignore"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom