• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Definitely. Even Waldstreicher's eyes start to glaze over after the 4th hour of Mad Mommies reading from the same talking points. I figure that's also why Smith didn't have SG ejected a few years back when he pulled his infiltration stunt, because it broke up the monotony.
    SG's "shennanigans" were epic, the look on Adrea Chambley's face (after she shook his had and thanked him for testifying) was beyond priceless.
    Smith really couldn't have him removed for his testimony or what he was doing, SG broke no rules. And yes, it also broke up the monotony.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    SG's "shennanigans" were epic, the look on Adrea Chambley's face (after she shook his had and thanked him for testifying) was beyond priceless.
    Smith really couldn't have him removed for his testimony or what he was doing, SG broke no rules. And yes, it also broke up the monotony.
    SG definitely earned a spot in the “Hall of Fame”.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That would cause them to simply ignore us entirely, better to get 1000's of people to show and state, in the allotted time, how the bill would personally affect them.

4000+ people did just that in Annapolis in 2013. The GA dropped trou and crapped on our upturned faces.

And that was the "good" GA, not the recent iteration.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    4000+ people did just that in Annapolis in 2013. The GA dropped trou and crapped on our upturned faces.

And that was the "good" GA, not the recent iteration.
    On the Senate side, yes, on the House side, not so much.
    But I have told you that before, you just choose to ignore it.

beavisman1

Band Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 25, 2022
    Virginia
    I would love to get a movement together when they allow public input, as many people as can get to sign up or attend and speak.
    When the one minute starts it’s a very simple script:
    [name], “the 2nd amendment states: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
    With that said “Text, History, Tradition.” I now yield the remainder of my time. “

And person after person after person just repeats that.

Yes, that's a script alright....... a Hollywood or Disney movie script. Reminds me of something you'd see at the end of a movie -- like Forrest Gump or Remember the Titans. Imagine this.....

Camera pans out from the Maryland House of Delegates, we see a line of people numbering into the thousands wrapping around the building and down to the Naval Academy stadium where tens of thousands of Marylanders stand ready to testify. Camera pans into the face of a determined man reading the 2nd Amendment with a courageous tone of defiance in his voice, the next man reads, and then the next...the cycle repeats and this time its an old Asian grandmother, a sassy gay man, an African American man, a solider, a father, a mother, a disabled lady in a wheel chair, each reading the same lines, the scene cuts back to each one so its obvious they are all reading the same lines in an act of solidarity.

Delegates begin to look around at each other. Some of their eyes begin to well with tears. "How could I have been so wrong,"...they all seem to be saying to themselves. Each delegate begins to slow clap until the clapping is thunderous. Now we hear chapel bells ringing with the sounds of freedom. Camera cuts to a said bells at USNA and back to the House of Delegates.

The speaker jumps up. "Let freedom ring!!!," she shouts! All who agree say, "AYE!", and the entire chamber erupts with "AYE!!!!". "FSA 2013 is null and void!" "Constituational Carry is the law of the land in Maryland!!!. Frosh grabs his hips and stomps his feet in exasperation. The Mad Mommies yell..."Noooooo!!!!". The camera zooms in on the face of Alan Gottlieb who gives a thumbs up. End scene. "Walk the Dinosaur" plays as credits roll.

In the real world, by the time you got to the third person - the gavel would bang, "GUYS!, if this is what you have planned we will go ahead and end testimony. " Depressed but not defeated, a handful of 2A guys find commraderie over a late lunch at Chick and Ruth's.
    court1.jpg
    court2.jpg
    court3.jpg
    court4.jpg
    bells.jpg

Last edited:

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Yup. Smarter to set up a cross-fire of testimony that covers the subject from a range of angles.

One that I think has not gotten enough attention is the sheer inconvenience of wearing a sidearm. It's not something done lightly, especially today. You've got the gun, quite possibly with accessories such as a red dot sight or under-barrel light/laser. A reload. Perhaps a flashlight. And all the other stuff you have to carry...wallet full of credit cards, ID cards, permit cards, and money. House keys. Car keys. Pocketknife. Checkbook. Comb. Cell phone.

Hell, we're all going to be wearing tactical vests just to carry everything!

But it makes the point that going armed is not done lightly. The kit weighs too much.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    On the Senate side, yes, on the House side, not so much.
    But I have told you that before, you just choose to ignore it.
    ???

Distinction without a difference? 4000 people still equals 4000 people. Annapolis is still Annapolis.
    Send me to the Principal's office.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ???

Distinction without a difference? 4000 people still equals 4000 people. Annapolis is still Annapolis.
    Send me to the Principal's office.
    A very large distinction, one that I won't go into again, because people fail to pay attention to it, so why bother?

You don't need sent to the principal's office, it won't do any good, because you still won't get the lesson.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Patience can be good, sure.

But your state is blatantly flaunting the US Constitution. It’s time to fight and fight hard or you won’t ever be carrying a pistol legally in that state.

Again, I firmly believe the SC could declare Maryland a Constitutional Carry State on Tuesday, and half the people on this forum STILL WOULDN’T CARRY after that.

Many of you are that scared of the weak, unconstitutional law enforcing MSP that are scared of regular people carrying (how are these people in law enforcement being so scared)……and Low T AG that looks like he couldn’t lift a 10lb barbell with two hands.

Maryland is the oddball state where the residents are already use to bowing down, so sad from an outsiders perspective.

So no, patience is getting you nowhere fast. Make known to the state police they will be sued into homelessness for enforcing unconstitutional laws that violate federal civil rights.

Make known to the AG unconstitutional laws will not be followed AT ALL. **** these people, seriously.

There is talk on some very popular gun forums of concealed carriers completely ignoring your states carry laws when visiting, as again, your police are acting in bad faith and your AG is a lawbreaker.

Patience is over

I already carry legally in Maryland.
    My post was an answer to others saying to be patient and I tried to say we’ve already been patient and I guess it was a poor attempt at that as well. I’ve walked to the streets of our capital with many other of the of the good folks in this state on many occasions.

My bad, good luck everybody.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I already carry legally in Maryland.
    My post was an answer to others saying to be patient and I tried to say we’ve already been patient and I guess it was a poor attempt at that as well. I’ve walked to the streets of our capital with many other of the of the good folks in this state on many occasions.

My bad, good luck everybody
    You're good, it's the out of state bag of hot air that is the issue.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    One thing is for sure,

as one may complain and say MD is bad, it’s not being near as bad (as of yet) that both NY and CA a being. Even Hawaii which is pretty bad in of itself Has not been very vocal lately about being a whiny crybaby.

Deleware is being interesting in passing a few anti-gun laws. But interestingly enough as of yet Nothing has passed in or about their permitting.

RI passed a magazine capacity ban la, but as of Yet no permitting law changes have been enacted.

Even MA hasn’t seen much action since the SCOTUS ruling.

I am wondering who and when suits will be filed against NY and CA on their new permit laws.

FYI, new suits have been filed since Bruen in Washington, and RI, and DC, as well as even CA.

I am wondering when additional lawsuits will be filed in MD, NJ, RI, MA, CT, etc on the additional unconstitutional laws.

All in time I spose.

In The next week to two weeks, I suspect to see some orders from various courts around the country on various motions that have been filed since Bruen, as well as since the 4 cases have been GVR’d

It will take another week or two, before we will see scheduling dates for briefs to filed on he 4 cases that have been GVR’d as well.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Delaware honors FL permits if you are a Florida resident, been to their beaches carrying before ……and multiple other states as well, per resources I’ve seen. Being a DE resident can likely suck for gun laws but their reciprocity isn’t too bad considering.

That’s all I want from MD at this point, honor other states permits. It’s probably the simplest solution to your problems as residents as well.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks, no worries here as I think we are winning a long fought battle. Reminds me of drinking beer with Heller and a few of you in Annapolis, I got him to sign my pocket Constitution that Mr Hulbert (RIP) gave me some weeks earlier. He would not sign the front but went right to the 2A page!

I wonder what Mr Hellers thoughts are these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom