• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Same here. I got my CCW on my 21st birthday - walked in, paid by $20 or whatever it was at the time, and walked out with my card. I cannot comprehend 7 day waits, let alone 90 days to process a simple CCW application - you either meet the criteria or you don't. I think it was a 1-page form I filled out back in PA as well (FWIW).

Try the shock of buying a Glock in PA at an auction, same ol same ol, fill out papers, pay the buying price and fees, have it shipped to FFL in Md and call a week or so later to go pick up. ONLY this weapon now required a BS HQL, which of course required more fees, more charges and more rights violations due to the purchase coming in Jan 2014 and not Jan 2013 when the BS HQL law was approved.

F MD LAWS for 2A.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    NY throws temper tantrum after losing. I envision a bigger smackdown coming soon.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/d...ION1-CONCEALED_CARRY_IMPROVEMENT_ACT-BILL.pdf

Summary:

1) To get a license an in-person interview is required. Applicant needs to reveal names of everyone residing with him - spouse, children etc. Applicant needs to submit all his present and passed social media accounts. 4 character references are now a law.

2) Sensitive places - govt buildings, public parks, playgrounds, libraries, zoos, any property of any educational institution, any school or children's program, any place serving alcohol, public transportation, public transportation facilities including stations and airports, entertainment venues, any protests or political gatherings, any place not displaying signs that allow carry, Times Square, places of worship. Penalty - class E felony.

3) Central database of all licenses that will be checked monthly against arrest records, indictments, protection orders etc.

4) Database of all ammunition purchases

5) Storage in a vehicle when not in control of it (parked etc) - weapons must be unloaded and locked in a fire and impact resistant container. Lockable soft cases are not allowed anymore. Penalty - Class A misdemeanor.

6) Background checks on ammunition purchases through the State Police. Another section creates a "background check fund" to finance this.

7) 16-hr class for a pistol permit - required to be completed ONCE. If in possession of a permit already, will need to do the class prior to first renewal.

8) Includes muzzleloaders in a definition of a "rifle" and "shotgun". So background checks, FFL transfers etc for muzzleloaders. No more buying them online.
    This is were we will see if the state level courts got the message. Time to file an injuction (terminology??) and see if this gets shutdown before it is inacted.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    NY throws temper tantrum after losing. I envision a bigger smackdown coming soon.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/d...ION1-CONCEALED_CARRY_IMPROVEMENT_ACT-BILL.pdf

Summary:

1) To get a license an in-person interview is required. Applicant needs to reveal names of everyone residing with him - spouse, children etc. Applicant needs to submit all his present and passed social media accounts. 4 character references are now a law.

2) Sensitive places - govt buildings, public parks, playgrounds, libraries, zoos, any property of any educational institution, any school or children's program, any place serving alcohol, public transportation, public transportation facilities including stations and airports, entertainment venues, any protests or political gatherings, any place not displaying signs that allow carry, Times Square, places of worship. Penalty - class E felony.

3) Central database of all licenses that will be checked monthly against arrest records, indictments, protection orders etc.

4) Database of all ammunition purchases

5) Storage in a vehicle when not in control of it (parked etc) - weapons must be unloaded and locked in a fire and impact resistant container. Lockable soft cases are not allowed anymore. Penalty - Class A misdemeanor.

6) Background checks on ammunition purchases through the State Police. Another section creates a "background check fund" to finance this.

7) 16-hr class for a pistol permit - required to be completed ONCE. If in possession of a permit already, will need to do the class prior to first renewal.

8) Includes muzzleloaders in a definition of a "rifle" and "shotgun". So background checks, FFL transfers etc for muzzleloaders. No more buying them online.
    Are they trying to replace good cause with good moral character?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    All of this was addressed in the Bruen ruling. All of these proposals do not pass the One-Step.

NY state is in blatant violation of the US Constiution.

Therefore, on a local to me level:

I propose the Florida legislature ban New York law enforcement officers from entering the state of FL, whether on-duty or off-duty…. penalty being a Class A Felony…..until their unconstitutional gun laws are reversed.
    Not LEO, legislators and Executive Branch officials.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Try the shock of buying a Glock in PA at an auction, same ol same ol, fill out papers, pay the buying price and fees, have it shipped to FFL in Md and call a week or so later to go pick up. ONLY this weapon now required a BS HQL, which of course required more fees, more charges and more rights violations due to the purchase coming in Jan 2014 and not Jan 2013 when the BS HQL law was approved.

F MD LAWS for 2A.
    Don't forget the Handgun Roster; that needs to be challenged under THT in court, too. HQL is only part of the problem.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Don't forget the Handgun Roster; that needs to be challenged under THT in court, too. HQL is only part of the problem.
    @Allen65, I am still in a state of shock from one hearing on proposed gun control laws in Annapolis, likely in 2018, it has been awhile since this session, but the dumbasses were trying to make a law to register Curio and Relic firearms/sales. and of course the BS FFL needed if you want to lend your wife, girlfriend, buddy a gun to shoot a deer with, go to the range, shoot cans etc. Since it is technically a " transfer" according to the Libtards.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Oh, just like the crazy MD GA sessions with so many laws struck down. Sounds like it's going to be a short trip for that paperwork.

More electioneering rather than actual legislative function.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Well, after 90 days, I imagine there will be a metric s-ton of appeals at the Office of Administrative Hearings…..if there are 2,000 cases that have strict timeframes, sounds like they’ll have to ramp up too.

Also, the MGA will have to have some good reasoning as to why they are increasing CCW requirements since the THT standard would fail those requirements.

If Frosh, Hogan, and the MSP keep delaying, I imagine there will be a lot of lawsuits and 1983 actions. Imagine facing the ass end of 2,000 separate 1983 lawsuits at the same time.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    They are not taking it seriously and are getting bad advice.

When you pile a lot of things on a house of cards, the entire thing collapses.

At this rate, the whole country will be con carry by the end of the year.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    The State of NY and Maryland are going to keep pushing and pushing until the Supreme Court declares the entire country Constitutional Carry

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Are they trying to replace good cause with good moral character?
    It’s unconstitutional. Ignore it.

Going down the rabbit hole here a bit but: Hormones play a very large factor in all of this. There are theories that “they” heavily Estrogenized the water supply in the 1960’s, especially in the Northeast and Maryland/DC.

What does that have to do with gun laws? Well men with low testosterone levels do not take risks or question authority at the same rate of men with much higher testosterone levels. Men with Low T tend to not even own weapons, and those that do will certainly not conceal carry without a permit. I’m not saying to break the law just for kicks, but these traits are proven.

Men with High T tend to take major risks and rebel against authority, for example conceal carrying in NYC/Baltimore/DC on a date night/business trip for self-defense without a permit to do so in those locales.

“They” knew what they were doing.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I was just thinking and I hope it does NOT come to this and I am NOT advocating for this.

There’s a doctrine that you have the ability to resist an unlawful arrest. If an officer tries to arrest someone for concealed carry, the “suspect” would be able to resist the arrest lawfully. If the officer escalates to the use of a firearm, I believe it would then be murder of the “suspect.” With the line against the police these days, seems like a road I wouldn’t want to travel down if I was a cop.

Again, not advocating anything and not suggesting anyone do anything. Just thinking out loud.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    It’s unconstitutional. Ignore it.

Going down the rabbit hole here a bit but: Hormones play a very large factor in all of this. There are theories that “they” heavily Estrogenized the water supply in the 1960’s, especially in the Northeast and Maryland/DC.

What does that have to do with gun laws? Well men with low testosterone levels do not take risks or question authority at the same rate of men with much higher testosterone levels. Men with Low T tend to not even own weapons, and those that do then will certainly not conceal carry without a permit. I’m not saying to break the law just for kicks, but these traits are proven.

Men with High T tend to take major risks and rebel against authority, for example conceal carrying in NYC/Baltimore/DC on a date night/business trip for self-defense without a permit to do so in those locales.

“They” knew what they were doing.
    I know it is unconstitutional, I am just really surprised they are that Fing bold.

Trying to make every business a sensitive place is bold. Replacing "good cause" with "good moral character" is lunacy level bold.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I was just thinking and I hope it does NOT come to this and I am NOT advocating for this.

There’s a doctrine that you have the ability to resist an unlawful arrest. If an officer tries to arrest someone for concealed carry, the “suspect” would be able to resist the arrest lawfully. If the officer escalates to the use of a firearm, I believe it would then be murder of the “suspect.” With the line against the police these days, seems like a road I wouldn’t want to travel down if I was a cop.

Again, not advocating anything and not suggesting anyone do anything. Just thinking out loud.
    Yeah no, dont to this.

Allow yourself to be arrested, get a defense attorney, and go to court.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah no, dont to this.

Allow yourself to be arrested, get a defense attorney, and go to court.
    Yeah, do do this^^^.

The payoff for armed resisting of arrest might be in lead; the lawsuit for false arrest and civil rights violation pays in gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom