• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Oh I totally agree. I do not expect GOA or Aposhian to be PC GVR. At least not anytime soon.

Hard to say whats going on with those two cases. With or without WV.

WV may or may not have impact.

But like i said... its all speculation until something actually happens with GOA and/or Aposhian.
    Speculation and opinionating on this forum. that never happens.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    I wonder how many of us remember this little gem from then-state Senator Brian Frosh.

Eat it.

This guy is a grade A moron. We have some morons here in FL too but most of the anti-gun nuts here realize they are outnumbered bigly, especially now after the wave of red that has moved in.

He is going to get sued into oblivion and make Maryland even more of a laughingstock in the process.

Somebody is going to get smacked down hard and be made an example of with this ruling, it won’t surprise me in the least if it’s Maryland and Frosh.

Again, if I was a Marylander I would be shopping for holsters, belts, and a comfortable and concealable pistol asap.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This guy is a grade A moron. We have some morons here in FL too but most of the anti-gun nuts here realize they are outnumbered bigly, especially now after the wave of red that has moved in.

He is going to get sued into oblivion and make Maryland even more of a laughingstock in the process.

Somebody is going to get smacked down hard and be made an example of with this ruling, it won’t surprise me in the least if it’s Maryland and Frosh.

Again, if I was a Marylander I would be shopping for holsters, belts, and a comfortable and concealable pistol asap.
    Midway has a kydex IWB Glock holster for free with the purchase of a PMAG for said Glock. Available for compact and subcompact glocks. Now its not super nice holster, but it would get the job done fine. Granted, only like a $25 deal, but and since Mag limits haven't been overturned yet, only 10 round mags for Marylanders.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I wonder how many of us remember this little gem from then-state Senator Brian Frosh.

Eat it.

Part of me wants to set up a reoccurring email to his office every morning at 9am asking them to please provide feedback if he still believes it to be unconstitutional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    f8c0a0833de35fab7ce9d8f222c0cd00.jpg

Red flag order by Westlaw

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Nothing has been found unconstitutional though regarding FSA13. Are they just flagging it as a possible change?
    That was the date of the last change to the wear and carry permit qualifications. They added the 16 hours training after the circuit Court Judge ruled against g&s before it was appealed to the 4th circuit.
    It occurred during the passage of fsa2013.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Midway has a kydex IWB Glock holster for free with the purchase of a PMAG for said Glock. Available for compact and subcompact glocks. Now its not super nice holster, but it would get the job done fine. Granted, only like a $25 deal, but and since Mag limits haven't been overturned yet, only 10 round mags for Marylanders.
    Even though I’m in Florida my current carry pistols are both 10+1’s…but can accept more if I want

I carry a Glock 48 9mm 10+1 at 3pm strong side carry. I’m actually more accurate with the Glock 48 than a Glock 19, which I also own and just sits in the safe. This is due to the Glock 48 just fits my hands better, is more concealable and is just a great pistol overall.

I use a Tenicor Certum holster for the Glock 48, pricey but well worth it. This holster can be worn for strong side carry OR appendix carry

I also carry a regular P365 9mm. Mainly I’ll throw it in a pocket with a Vedder Pocket Locker holster, but sometimes I’ll carry the p365 appendix or strong side if I need extremely deep concealment for some reason.

P365- Vedder Pocket Locker holster for pocket carry…..my p365 has a manual safety so throwing in a pocket is no biggie. I have a Tenicor Certum and a Vedder Lighttuck for regular carry on the p365

BELT: Blue Alpha Gear Hyrbid…..this is THE conceal carry belt, don’t buy anything else, seriously

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Here's a good discussion of DC's "shall issue" regime and potentially onerous requirements. They may run afoul of Bruen too...

An expert's look at the Bruen decision: Part 2

On Tuesday, I took a look at a post from the SCOTUS Blog that argued about the impact of the Bruen decision.

As I noted then, there was a lot to talk about from the piece and I couldn’t do it all justice in just one post. Besides, there are aspects there that create an entirely new conversation, one I’m eager to have.

Author Randy Barnett is a Georgetown law professor and, oddly enough, someone with a concealed carry permit in the District of Columbia.

Yet he talked about just what he had to go through to get it and whether that would survive the “text and history” standard...

Oh BTW, here's Part I.
    https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/06/28/an-experts-look-at-bruen-decision-part-1-n59811

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    i’m guessing the classroom training will remain to be required? As well as the <=10 rnds loaded limit?

I can’t wait to see the reciprocity maps grow!
    In Maryland, there is no capacity limit for carry/use.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Unless you were trained at not Worth a shit W&C class.
    I tell as many people as I can to get their training elsewhere and to buy their firearms elsewhere. Now that Cindy's Hot Shot has opened I have been sending people in that area there.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    It’s an unreasonable burden and expectation to require Conceald Carriers to know the carry laws of all 48 lower states, ESPECIALLY for a Constitutional Right.

The Sec of Energy’s recent admonition but not conviction of violating the Hatch act due to her not being educated about the Hatch act. This opens up the ignorance of the law defense as valid if the alleged offender had not received education of any law or Act of Congress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom