• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm not sure the flood gates will burst open with people wanting training and applying. I think Maryland has been beaten up for a long time about it and the majority don't think about it. I do think the people who pay attention to this sort of thing will jump on the chance and then encourage others.

That being said I think it is a good idea to get the training since it's good for a few years and should be filled with good info. I wish we could have a thread or sticky where instructors could post their info so everyone interested could see The Who where how much etc. for instructors in their area.

TD
    The training requirements of MD alone will depress applications

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I am an instructor here in Texas. I have already taught about 30 people. All who travel between Texas and Maryland for business reasons. Several who work in Washington DC for Texas Representatives, Senators but live in Maryland when congress is in session etc. Many of which have been denied once. All are waiting for NYSPRA and MSI cases to be settled before applying again.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    $250 x 50 states would be $12,500. Even if each of the classes were good for 3 or 4 states, that’s just too much to exercise a right. Most won’t get all 50 even if that becomes an option, but to carry in several normally visited states it could very easily go over $1000 to do so, even after this SCOTUS ruling. Imagine if this were applied to any other constitutional activity.

Again, no issue with the trainers or their fees. It should be criminal that it was left to get this out of hand with the fees and other burdens.

I charge $300 for 16 hours of one on one training of illinois or Maryland here in Texas

I charge $150 for Texas or Utah one on one but $75 in a class of 20 which is easy here in Texas

Sadly Texas classes must be taught within the state. However that should change in 2023

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    The 16 hr training requirement may deter some but it wont deter most.

Illinois has a 16 hr requirement and it hasnt deterred very many people at all. Even for out of state applicants.

Illinois even charges $150 application fee for residents and $300 for non-residents.

They have received and are still receiving enough applications that it takes 4-5 months to get approved without fingerprints and 3-4 months if you do submit fingerprints.

Maryland, because they have zero reciprocity will get a ton of out of state applicants. Mostly for those who live out of state and travel to see relatives who live in maryland. As well as those who travel to Maryland for business purposes but do not own a business inside Maryland to get the exemption.

If 16 hours of training is a deterrant to getting a permit, maybe you shouldn't really carry.

Even though i live in Texas a constitutional carry state. I STILL teach NRA firearms classes to many who wish to carry under CC. Responsible adults who want to be safe. All of my classes are always full.

While I do support every state having CC. I still support everyone needing training.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Illinois has a 16 hr requirement and it hasnt deterred very many people at all. Even for out of state applicants.

Illinois even charges $150 application fee for residents and $300 for non-residents.

They have received and are still receiving enough applications that it takes 4-5 months to get approved without fingerprints and 3-4 months if you do submit fingerprints.

Maryland, because they have zero reciprocity will get a ton of out of state applicants. Mostly for those who live out of state and travel to see relatives who live in maryland. As well as those who travel to Maryland for business purposes but do not own a business inside Maryland to get the exemption.

If 16 hours of training is a deterrant to getting a permit, maybe you shouldn't really carry.

Even though i live in Texas a constitutional carry state. I STILL teach NRA firearms classes to many who wish to carry under CC. Responsible adults who want to be safe. All of my classes are always full.

While I do support every state having CC. I still support everyone needing training.
    What about inner city women who use the bus service? We have a few employees in my office who fit the bill. I’m quite sure they can’t afford an HQL, a wear and carry class, application, livescan x2, photos, AND a gun.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What about inner city women who use the bus service? We have a few employees in my office who fit the bill. I’m quite sure they can’t afford an HQL, a wear and carry class, application, livescan x2, photos, AND a gun.

And 200 rounds of ammo for the class

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk

And 200 rounds of ammo for the
    i agree with you and this is common sense that the process should be easier and affordable. but the democrats don't care about any of that and they never will that's why we have to fight in court and donate to the organizations that fight for us

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Hopefully this is one way ahead in the future to reduce the burden. It’s the very definition of class warfare, and a form of discrimination.

Mandatory training should be limited to one 8 hour session, maximum. Someone shouldn’t also need a hotel room on top of that cost. I could foresee more games from a few select states, such as 40 hours mandatory, every year, with the training sessions costs going up accordingly. Then they can claim those aren’t state fees.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    if this works out as pro2a folks hope, this is merely the first shot in the passive resistance. Huge app fees; short license periods; long processing turnaround times; frequent, high cost training; etc. IF 2a mandates shall issue, the next hundred lawsuits to be filed, should see damages, if possible.

ok, maybe not so passive.

Hawaii has already gone to 6 month training renewal

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Strongly disagree.

I’m not keen on making a fundamental right so burdensome. If minimal training gets us closer to being able to exercising our right of self defense, I’ll grumble a bit and do it.

Here in PA there is no training requirement. We seem to manage fine with the LTCF process, for the most part. There are a lot of people carrying in PA.

Thanks for helping those that need it receive the training.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hopefully this is one way ahead in the future to reduce the burden. It’s the very definition of class warfare, and a form of discrimination.

Mandatory training should be limited to one 8 hour session, maximum. Someone shouldn’t also need a hotel room on top of that cost. I could foresee more games from a few select states, such as 40 hours mandatory, every year, with the training sessions costs going up accordingly. Then they can claim those aren’t state fees.

Mandatory training should be nonexistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom