• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    While NYSPRA maybe released in June or even end of June. I highly doubt that they will wait till the end of June to release Dobs.

The protesters are protesting at the Justices homes now, and many other places.

They will release Dobs sooner then later, and all probably before they really wanted to, or would have if the leak had not of occurred.

I highly doubt that the Justices will put up with almost two months of protestors. The sooner the opinion is released the sooner the protestors will disperse.

SCOTUS isn’t going to put up with the protestors until the end of a June. I’d put $100 bet on that one!

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    While most of the most important decisions and opinions are released at the end of term, or close to it. That isn’t always the case, it’s not 100% of the time released at end of term.

While Heller and McDonald were both released on June 26, and June 28th. Neither had a plethora of cases on hold or pending that had a petition for cert pending. NYSPRA needs to be decided and an opinion issued before most of the 2A cases can be PC’d or GVR’d. Sure they can just deny them between now and then. But two cases on hold I doubt will be denied. Or they would have done so allready. Thus… since The last conference day is Thursday June 23rd. the Opinion will be released BEFORE June 23rd. At the latest, and then the other cases will get theur order for a Denial, GVR or PC, or possibly even a grant. After that conference. At the latest.

IMHO it will come much sooner. Just a feeling.

Several of the 2A cases. Will get pushed until nexT term for a conference hearing. Such as McCrutchen, GOA (bump stocks), Modeern Sportsman, Torcivia just to name a few. If you look at how much time is normally given for replies, responses, requests, and filings of Amici, etc… that pushes conference hearings on those cases till next term. Now they could GVR or PC one of those cases. But I doubt It cause that would NOT give either side Justice in being given time to file all the briefs and amici that both sides would want to file prior to a conference date.

I just believe While it maybe June before we hear from NYSPRA, it will be before June 23rd rest assured, and I say even 2-3 weeks before that.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    While NYSPRA maybe released in June or even end of June. I highly doubt that they will wait till the end of June to release Dobs.

The protesters are protesting at the Justices homes now, and many other places.

They will release Dobs sooner then later, and all probably before they really wanted to, or would have if the leak had not of occurred.

I highly doubt that the Justices will put up with almost two months of protestors. The sooner the opinion is released the sooner the protestors will disperse.

SCOTUS isn’t going to put up with the protestors until the end of a June. I’d put $100 bet on that one!

This is the only thing SCOTUS related that I would bet on (with you on this). We may never hear about a call being made but if they continue to step out of line it will happen.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think this is the most salient point here. The leaked draft opinion really has me hopeful that SCOTUS embraces their designated role in the government as arbitrators of the constitution and not lawmakers.

When we confirm future judges we should not be asking them how they would rule on future cases like Roe, we should simply be asking them to demonstrate that they will simply fulfill their sworn duty to uphold the meaning and the text of the constitution.

Every nominee gets asked if they will adhere to the Constitution, problem is that few of them do. That goes for the majority of judges IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Every nominee gets asked if they will adhere to the Constitution, problem is that few of them do. That goes for the majority of judges IMHO

Veruca Salt approves.

veruca+finger+cross.jpg

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The anti-gun people like to enjoy dancing in the blood of victims. If it wasn't for such tragedies and criminal acts they would have no emotional case to make because objective statistics don't bear their arguments out...nor does objective and historical Constitutional research.

The last thing they want is for such tragedies to not occur...they need that horse to ride to gain support. Wayne La Pierre was right years ago when he said Bill Clinton was comfortable with a certain level of violence and bloodshed (don't remember the exact quote)...or the anti-gun movement would go begging.

They need the violence and the bloodshed to continue. It gives them power and a sense of superiority...and also makes many of them wealthy.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The anti-gun people like to enjoy dancing in the blood of victims. If it wasn't for such tragedies and criminal acts they would have no emotional case to make because objective statistics don't bear their arguments out...nor does objective and historical Constitutional research.

The last thing they want is for such tragedies to not occur...they need that horse to ride to gain support. Wayne La Pierre was right years ago when he said Bill Clinton was comfortable with a certain level of violence and bloodshed (don't remember the exact quote)...or the anti-gun movement would go begging.

They need the violence and the bloodshed to continue. It gives them power and a sense of superiority...and also makes many of them wealthy.
    YES both the Pro and Con of almost every national issue need the debate to continue. Resolution one way or another is just plain bad for business.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Actually the anti-gun people need the hysteria to continue because without it they would be unemployed, and would have to find a real job.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Actually the anti-gun people need the hysteria to continue because without it they would be unemployed, and would have to find a real job.
    Both sides making plenty off the collapse of society.

70 years ago, all this would be unthinkable. Thankfully, the carry laws have been loosening to compensate for the decline of civilisation. We didn't need them in 1950.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There's 55 million males in US between the ages of 15 and 49. On any given year, the percentage of them being an active shooter in one of these insane outbursts is minuscule, but the country is big enough that there will always be a few at inopportune times.

Ignoring 54,999,090 law-abiding males while concentrating on the very few is disingenuous at best.
    I didn't reduce the nubers to reflect gun owners vs non-gun owners, because as current events demonstrate, guns can be had if you want them badly enough. Removing all guns to save a handful of people at risk from a psycho makes as little sense as the Maryland General Assembly - on one of their good days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom