NY - Supreme Court rejects New York gun retailers' bid to block new concealed carry laws

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It is SCOTUS refusing to intervene before the lower courts have a chance to do the right thing. This should NOT be construed as a loss for us. It is SCOTUS respecting the process.
    Agreed

The News are creating outrageous headlines to generate web traffic.

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    It is SCOTUS refusing to intervene before the lower courts have a chance to do the right thing. This should NOT be construed as a loss for us. It is SCOTUS respecting the process.
    Ok, good. thanks. I couldn’t tell what the hell it was implying. Totally being portrayed as a win for the anti side.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ok, good. thanks. I couldn’t tell what the hell it was implying. Totally being portrayed as a win for the anti side.
    Just Fox fear-mongering. SCOTUS wrote a reply to a request last week that basically said they are going to let the process play out, but this should not be misinterpreted as support for the NY law. Alito and Thomas, to paraphrase, said "we're watching".

Unless the composition of the high court changes dramatically, NY is getting its' pee-pee spanked.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The 2nd is also hearing the four cases on 3/20, that seems to satisfy Alito and Thomas's warning to hear the cases quickly. At that point, no need for another statement.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You can read all about it in this thread which has links to the ruling and various analysis of what it means:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Take a look at who's doing the implying.

The mainstream media is not to be trusted, without verification. They all strive for attention, and good news doesn't generate attention. Conservative news, such as it is, has the same driving force, and is subject to the same requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom