• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think we'll see more states added to the NV list. Once the statute in NV was relaxed to allow any training instead of only live fire required training, more states will be recognized if they also have an electronic licensee database accessible to all LE.

I do find it curious since NV added AZ that the AZ permit has no phone number on it for LE to call and check since the stature requires it. The statues specifies telecommunications access. Maybe NLETS access to the AZ database is available to other states.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I think we'll see more states added to the NV list. Once the statute in NV was relaxed to allow any training instead of only live fire required training, more states will be recognized if they also have an electronic licensee database accessible to all LE.

I do find it curious since NV added AZ that the AZ permit has no phone number on it for LE to call and check since the stature requires it. The statues specifies telecommunications access. Maybe NLETS access to the AZ database is available to other states.

According to this, AZ isn't on the NLETS Dbase
    http://www.lawofficer.com/articles/2010/05/10-nlets-data-sets-you-need-to-know-part-5.html
    Now this article is old but i recall a state law that prohibits it. I may be wrong though. my memory isn't what it once was.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AZ appears not to be able to answer CCW queries, at least as of the date of the article (2010). I wonder how NV granted them reciprocity since 24 hour access to the CCW database is a statutory requirement in NV. . But the article is 5 years old. They may be able to do it now, which would allow compliance with the NV statute

some statues preventing public access to CCW databases make exceptions for LE queries.

interesting

ETA-see my post below. CWQ (CCW database query)access via NLETS in both states.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I looked at the NLETS website CCW database access is available for NLETS inquires in both states. That's why NV granted AZ reciprocity.

AZ

here is also a map of states with CWQ (CCW) query access via NLETS

Attachments

• nlets.JPG
      nlets.JPG
      21.9 KB · Views: 134
    • ccw nlets.jpg
      ccw nlets.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 129
    • access.JPG
      access.JPG
      4.9 KB · Views: 130
    • cwq.jpg
      cwq.jpg
      5 KB · Views: 122

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I looked at the NLETS website CCW database access is available for NLETS inquires in both states. That's why NV granted AZ reciprocity.

AZ

here is also a map of states with CWQ (CCW) query access via NLETS
    So why not FL and VA?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    FL was dropped because their permit is 7 years, which NV said made it not substantially the same as NV. VA does not do NICS checks on resident permits, but does therir own check. That why WI recognizes the VA NR but not. VA resident NR VA gets a NICS check.

I think FL may get added back at some point with the change in the NV statute. Not sure about VA though. The lack of a NICS check may prevent that. But VA does meet the new state so we'll see.

Last edited:

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    NV originally dropped us because of the exception in our permitting in WV to allow individuals under the age of 21 to receive permits in certain circumstances.

That never changed, it's still allowed. Wonder if it will hiccup again when we get 3-22 Carry next year, even though it retains our permit process. :innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From the WV Legislature web site under elgibility:

(3) That the applicant is twenty-one years of age or older: Provided, That any individual who is less than twenty-one years of age and possesses a properly issued concealed weapons license as of the effective date of this article shall be licensed to maintain his or her concealed weapons license notwithstanding the provisions of this section requiring new applicants to be at least twenty-one years of age: Provided, however, That upon a showing of any applicant who is eighteen years of age or older that he or she is required to carry a concealed weapon as a condition for employment, and presents satisfactory proof to the sheriff thereof, then he or she shall be issued a license upon meeting all other conditions of this section. Upon discontinuance of employment that requires the concealed weapons license, if the individual issued the license is not yet twenty-one years of age, then the individual issued the license is no longer eligible and must return his or her license to the issuing sheriff;

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yeah, i was thinking of another state. i fixed it.

ETA-little known fact, MD has the same allowance as far as age goes.

The MD statute only requires the applicant to be an adult, which is 18 years of age.

Attachments

• msp.jpg
      msp.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 99

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    yeah, i was thinking of another state. i fixed it.

Aha, I responded to your original from the notification email. :D

It'll be interesting to see 3-22 progress next year, because the 18 age was a sticking point. Mind you, at 18 in WV you can buy a handgun (private sale) and open carry it.

It was really interesting in committee, as Mike Romano (Senator) railed against 18 year olds being irresponsible, immature, blah blah as Sarah Blair (18, Delegate) sat across the room. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom